Parents Please shoo bars fairies this way!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Younger DD is soooooooo very close to her mill circle and her front hip circle. She did the mill circle today...once...in a private lesson with the head coach. But, the problem is, the coach had to tell her she was spotting her with one finger. (DD is scared of this skill). So, DD does not think she can really do it on her own. If anyone has some mill circle fairies, please send them this way. She is soooo close!:):) But she definitely needs some help and encouragement, she is banging up her poor little hip bones from hitting the bar so much (she is finally doing most of the work on these skills and actually getting bruises like my older DD did!)

State meet is in 2 weeks, it would be so nice for her to be able to do one more bar skill before the season is over. But I have hope that she is going to have the whole routine by next season finally!:D

Ok, keep 'em flying! She did three of them by herself today! Hoping she can remember how to do them the next time. Fingers crossed. :)

Sending them your way if we can have them back for the summer. :) Good luck to your little one. It sounds like she has the skill just lacks confidence. :) I bet she does them at state.

Sending lots of bar fairies your way!! I am sure she will have them nailed by states!! Then you can say adios to those stride (mill) circles FOREVER!!

Sending lots of bar fairies your way!! I am sure she will have them nailed by states!! Then you can say adios to those stride (mill) circles FOREVER!!

Man, I wish we could say goodbye, but she is repeating L4 so we will have MANY more months of dealing with the evil mill circle! :(

Augh that mill circle. My daughter didn't actually struggle with that, but that dang shoot through to get to the mill circle is really hard when they've got long legs and poor coordination. I can proudly say she never once compete a L4 meet without scraping her foot on the bar on the way through! That's consistency for ya :)

I think every gymnast on earth gladly kisses that routine goodbye thinking... Why did we do half those skills again?

Sending her fairies and an awesome bar routine at States! (Please send them back when you can as a clear hip past vertical is needed here)

Augh that mill circle. My daughter didn't actually struggle with that, but that dang shoot through to get to the mill circle is really hard when they've got long legs and poor coordination. I can proudly say she never once compete a L4 meet without scraping her foot on the bar on the way through! That's consistency for ya :)

I think every gymnast on earth gladly kisses that routine goodbye thinking... Why did we do half those skills again?

Sending her fairies and an awesome bar routine at States! (Please send them back when you can as a clear hip past vertical is needed here)

Thank you, I will shoo them back your way after States! :) It's funny, the shoot thru is the FIRST thing she learned in the L4 routine. For my older DD, it was always the shoout thru that gave her problems in L4. She would fall on it in warmups at meets EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Update on the evil mill circle:
She did three of them at a private lesson last Friday...then they disappeared but magically flew back in today. She did 5 or 6 of them at regular practice!!!!! Woo hoo. I will keep the fairies for a little bit, if you don't mind. I am not sure they have worked enough magic yet. ;)

So glad she is getting better and better at it. Bless her heart, she doesnt realize she is actually doing it herself. Good luck to you DDs at state. Keep us updated

Ok, she's been able to do them 2 days in a row now. Not every single time, but I think she is starting to own the evil mill circle. Could it be...right before state meet? :) :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back