Parents Pullover advice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I wish I had spent more time researching gymnastics before we sent her there. I thought a facility that had locations all across the country would be a good, safe option and they have awesome reviews all over the internet but all she learned there was a lot of really bad gym etiquette. The first time they had me scratching my head and saying "this probably isn't a safe idea" was when they had 3 year olds who weren't being taught even the most basic things doing back tucks off the beam. 2 weeks later we gave them notice and didn't show up for her last 2 classes.

Holy cow, those coaches are dangerous and stupid. I'm glad your daughter doesn't go there anymore, but concerned at the number of parents who probably think these 'tricks' are super cool and will continue to send their kids there.

Holy cow, those coaches are dangerous and stupid. I'm glad your daughter doesn't go there anymore, but concerned at the number of parents who probably think these 'tricks' are super cool and will continue to send their kids there.
At least the few parents I talked to weren't happy there and were also considering leaving. The danger wasn't the only issue though. The class was huge and totally out of control. When we started it was 6 kids and 2 coaches, when we left it was 14 kids and 2 coaches. The circuits were too big for 3 year olds (5-6 stations) and half the kids ran around the gym doing whatever they pleased, used the equipment improperly and at times dangerously.

I have to say, talking about this is helping me a lot because several people told me that I was being a helicopter mom, getting stressed out over the things going on there and saying that it's not a problem because it's just for fun. Now with the exception of the dang pullover problem, DD is having way more fun and has learned so much.

By us, three year olds are usually in Mommy and me programs. I was my daughters spotter and discipline person in the gym. Coach dealt only with gym moves.

By us, three year olds are usually in Mommy and me programs. I was my daughters spotter and discipline person in the gym. Coach dealt only with gym moves.
Her current gym has the highest mommy and me age limit and it goes up to 3.5 years then independent gym begins. Every other gym in the area starts the kids independent at 3.

Well that little girl that was on Ellen has been taking privates since she was 3 :rolleyes:o_O
My DD loves watching her videos and I always thought it was strange that she was never around other kids. I guess it makes sense if she is doing privates lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back