Parents Puma Jr. gets second AA!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well done to her! Did you manage to watch the BHS on beam without fainting? I was forgetting to breathe watching the girls on beam at my ds's meet yesterday and they weren't even related to me!
Lol! It was a wobbly mess of a landing, but she stayed on that darn beam!!! Believe it or not, the beam doesn't get my belly in a knot as much as bars do...she was afraid she was going to miss the squat on! It ended up being beautiful, but then the flyaway is terrifying too! It looked so good to start, her feet did land first, but she ended up on her butt! She said she let go too late? Oh well, good learning experience and she still got second on bars! Thanks everyone!

Great job!!!
What level is she? this is obviously not JO, but I don't know much of anything about Excel... other than they are bronze, silver and gold - LOL!

Great job!!!
What level is she? this is obviously not JO, but I don't know much of anything about Excel... other than they are bronze, silver and gold - LOL!
Xcel gold. The goal is to score out of 4/5 and start optionals in the fall. I think she could score out of 4 right now, except for the darn kip! And she has all the 5 skills but needs to polish FT and flyaway. Those are very new. Thanks!

Great job!!!
And there is platinum and diamond too. I think diamond is about equal to level 7? Maybe 8?

Thank you!!
That makes sense. I was equating it to L3 or L4, but then the BHS on beam, and FT threw me.
Sounds like a great plan!

Thank you!!
That makes sense. I was equating it to L3 or L4, but then the BHS on beam, and FT threw me.
Sounds like a great plan!
Yes she gets skills in odd orders! She's working Giants on strap bar, but that darn kip!!! I'd call her a 4.5 I guess? Lol! That's why Xcel is nice actually. They can compete skills from different levels.

Congrats to her for having a wonderful meet!!!! You're lucky that you are at a gym that allows that type of flexibility in learning skills. At our gym, no kip = level 3. It doesn't matter what other skills they have. Maybe it is because we are in a very competitive area? Based on her other skills I'm sure her kip is hanging out right around the corner. lol!

I'll send happy kipping vibes to her ......

Congrats to her for having a wonderful meet!!!! You're lucky that you are at a gym that allows that type of flexibility in learning skills. At our gym, no kip = level 3. It doesn't matter what other skills they have. Maybe it is because we are in a very competitive area? Based on her other skills I'm sure her kip is hanging out right around the corner. lol!

I'll send happy kipping vibes to her ......
EXACTLY! I was going to say that actually, that I bet at some of you guys' gyms that is exactly what would happen and she'd be bored stiff. Clearly that kip needs to be SOLID before she starts optionals (right now it's 2 MAYBE 3/10! Ouch!) but I love that she can experience learning and competing these bigger skills while working on her nemesis...HC told me she hit a layout of the floor the other day! And yes, I'm quite sure you're in a much more competative area than us. It's NCAA men's bball or bust around here! LOL! I keep teasing my husband that we'll have to move to Texas..haha! Thank you for the good mojo! :)

I'm sending kipping vibes too!!! I remember how frustrating that is when they're "this close"!! Xcel definitely seems cool for being able to work higher skills, etc.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back