Putting name on camp gear

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

monkeysmom

I ordered iron-in nametages off ebay for other clothing items, but what about leotards? What have you done to identify the leos your child is packing for camp in the hopes that most of them make it back home??

Mable's Lables makes clothing tags that just stick on. I was just getting clothes ready for a consignment sale and was peeling labels off clothes from camp last year. They really stuck well. Easy on, easy off. Am going to order more this year. Not cheap though.

Could you just write her name on the size tag in a sharpie? We do this on all our gymnast's kit as soon as they purchase it!
There is a lot of the same kit in the same size floating about our gym but thanks to the gym's sharpie it can all get returned.

A lot of the parents have woven name tags which they sew onto the size label too - like this 36 Woven Name Tapes

I'm sure there would be something similar in the US - they are very cheap here!

I've used Mable's Labels too. I also just bought some other type of stick on labels that I'm going to try for camp. I couldn't handle iron on labels! A lot of dd's leos have the tags cut out so stick on labels should work I hope. Also, do you guys label every item or just the clothes?

I've used Mabel's Labels on clothes, but found that Sharpies worked better on leotard tags. As far as them making their way home, you have to have your DD be careful with putting the dirty ones in the laundry bag AS SOON AS she takes it off!! The first year (I think 2006) we lost one leo, and have not had any go missing since! I also take a picture of 'the pile' when she's packing so we can easily figure out if any are missing :D

I also take a picture of 'the pile' when she's packing so we can easily figure out if any are missing :D

I used to make a list of everything that went in the bag at home, then when I was packing at the end of camp got the list out and ticked off the items as they went back in!

there is usually a lable somewhere inside the leo (usually near the hip inside) We just use a fine point sharpie and write her name on the tag.

Here's another suggestion - I've been using this since my kids were in daycare - self-inking clothing stamper from Colorful Images
Self-Inking Clothing Stamper - Colorful Images

My kids HATE tags and we cut them off all tops, and some bottoms. My DD HATES the tags on the sides of leos so those always get cut off.
The clothing stamper lasts for YEARS and doesn't bleed through the leos, shorts, t-shirts, etc. I use it for all my kids clothes in fact. Not cheap, but like I said, it lasts for years and you rarely need to re-stamp.

I just took a sharpie to mine. But I really like that stamper as I cut tags out of all my leotards and most of my shirts as well.

Does it ever come out though? I'm always worried about donating or passing on clothes with my name on them...

It eventually fades a bit, but if you hand stuff down to the next lil' gymmie, you can always just take that Sharpie and mark through it. We've handed stuff down and it's never a problem - even a regular thick pen can cross out the stamp, but I swear by it because you can stamp it anywhere on almost any article of clothing. backpacks, umbrellas, you name it. It also works on paper (think books).

IMHO well worth the money.

I use a laundry pen, you can buy them anywhere these days. After youngest left 12 Adidas leos at IGC I realised the value of labelling well. We got them all back, but the shipping was a killer!

Oh she also left three pairs of worn undies and 4 odd socks, we got them back as well!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back