WAG Qualifying for Level 9 Easterns

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Speaking of level 9 Regionals, does anyone know if there is live scoring anywhere for Region 7? Meetscoresonline only has Region 7 level 10 Regionals and BTS doesn't have it listed. TIA

Speaking of level 9 Regionals, does anyone know if there is live scoring anywhere for Region 7? Meetscoresonline only has Region 7 level 10 Regionals and BTS doesn't have it listed. TIA
I just looked at the level 10 regionals, and even though it says level 10, it's got level 9 also.

Yes, it is under L10 on meetscoresonline.com. They only have the sessions for tonight set up when I last looked, but hoping they update tonight or tomorrow.

Had someone ask the same question at gym tonight.. looked it up at usagym.org and for eastern there are 16 age groups with top 6. For western there are 8 age groups and it's top 12.

Had someone ask the same question at gym tonight.. looked it up at usagym.org and for eastern there are 16 age groups with top 6. For western there are 8 age groups and it's top 12.

Actually, it's 16 age groups, 8 JR and 8 SR, with top 7 in each going to eastern/westerns.

Annoying thing is how close regionals is to westerns. It leaves very little time to try to get reasonably priced tickets to a relatively "remote" location with not a lot of flight options (Montana for westerns)

It is the top 7. It was changed last year.

Did Nationals change this year? So only top 7 go and no NIT (next two going to compete?) I think I recall more age groups were added?

Speaking of age groups, I will never understand why they aren't even. Some groups for 9/10 have 16+ girls and others only 10.

It should be even numbers, shouldn't it??!

Shelovestoflip - The age groups are set nationally for the L9s and L10s and are used for both the nationals and the qualifying meet (regionals). I've assumed that they are evenly distributed on a national level but of course there will be differences at the regional level. It does look odd when one group has 11 girls and another has nearly 3 times as many but it is evened out when they hit Easterns/Westerns and Nationals. So the Sr5 group may be tiny in one region but insanely large in another but it may be reversed for Jr6.

Shelovestoflip - The age groups are set nationally for the L9s and L10s and are used for both the nationals and the qualifying meet (regionals). I've assumed that they are evenly distributed on a national level but of course there will be differences at the regional level. It does look odd when one group has 11 girls and another has nearly 3 times as many but it is evened out when they hit Easterns/Westerns and Nationals. So the Sr5 group may be tiny in one region but insanely large in another but it may be reversed for Jr6.
I guess I get this/knew this....still I guess when you are at Regionals and some girls competing against only 5 others (yes, there were only 6 girls in one of the age groups at Regionasl) and another group had 19, it seems hard! But true, at the end of the day, they are all teams of 7 at Easterns/Nationals.

(yes, there were only 6 girls in one of the age groups at Regionasl
I saw that! It does seem odd...I guess there is no way to make it 100% fair. Another point-it seems like it is way easier to make Easterns than Westerns. I saw a 34.0 qualify in Region 6, and a friend in Region 1 showed me kids with 37s not qualifying. It is what it is, I guess!

Depends on the region, we're in 5 and NO one is qualifying with a 34. Lowest from ours was a mid 36 (which is actually lower than in years past for some reason) and most of our age groups were close to 20. I think region 7 and 8 are similarly competitive too!

I saw that! It does seem odd...I guess there is no way to make it 100% fair. Another point-it seems like it is way easier to make Easterns than Westerns. I saw a 34.0 qualify in Region 6, and a friend in Region 1 showed me kids with 37s not qualifying. It is what it is, I guess!
Completely depends on your Region. Region 6 is the smallest in the Eastern half, so relatively the "easiest" among eastern Regions. The Eastern half actually has more level 9 gymnasts than the Western half, so harder overall to qualify. This is mostly because Region 7 in so large(400+) and Region 2(125) is so small. The rest of the Regions are in the 200-300 range.

Can someone tell me what are the regions?
Thank you.
Here's a region map for you:
RegionaMapUSAGymnastics.png

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back