Question about L8 Beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ingwe

Proud Parent
Hi,
I have been a poster on here(I haven't been in a little while) but had to change my screen name.

I have a question that hopefully a judge can answer but if anyone else knows feel free to chime in.

My DD was at a training camp this weekend and a question came up about her beam routine. A judge said she is missing an A and there is also a question about her flight.

1st... She does 2 flights. A fwo/bhs (2 foot landing) and also a bhs/bhs stepout. BT dismount. Are the BHS considered the same skill even though she lands on 2 feet on the 1st series and steps out the other series?

As far as the missing A, I am not sure. This is her routine:

Mount (she is down on the beam to cover that requirement)

switch leap/ split jump (connected)

Full turn fwo/bhs

some poses

bhs/bhs bt dismount

Thanks in advance

Tracy

She has exactly 8 skills in her routine, which is the requirement. 2 of her Bs are counting as As. However, IF she doesn't connect her BHS/BHS series she will be missing an A, as the second BHS will not count as any value part.

Thanks gympanda.

She didn't do the tumbling at the camp because she is in a cast (broken hand) she just did the dance and then told the judge what her flights were. I am guessing there was a bit of a communication breakdown.

As far as her flights, are those skills considered the same.(the two foot landing and the step out) If they are, then wouldn't she be doing the same skill 3 times and thus getting a deduction?

Tracy

I don't have my code in front of me, but I'm pretty sure BHS two feet & BHS step out are two different skills on beam (they are the same skill on floor.) So she should be fine in terms of getting credit for all of her BHS (assuming connections are made.) FYI - for anyone wondering, the way you can tell if a skill with a different variation is the same or different is they will have two different #s in the code of points.

Thanks! I appreciate the information.

Her connections are very nice (or at least they were before she broke her hand) so that shouldn't be a problem.

I don't have my code in front of me, but I'm pretty sure BHS two feet & BHS step out are two different skills on beam (they are the same skill on floor.) So she should be fine in terms of getting credit for all of her BHS (assuming connections are made.) FYI - for anyone wondering, the way you can tell if a skill with a different variation is the same or different is they will have two different #s in the code of points.
Interesting, I thought the BHSs, both 2 foot and step out were considered the same skill. Glad you had an answer to that one :).

I've got her at 5-Bs and 3-As (the switch is a C, but may count as a B). The requirement is 4 of each, but you may sub in more Bs for As. She should be fine on the A/B thing.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back