MAG question about mushroom versus horse

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

profmom

Proud Parent
Of late, my little guy has finally gotten the hang of doing loops on the horse without the pommels. He is beside himself with excitement and wants to spend all his time doing stuff that looks more like all that cool stuff the big guys are doing. I know all of this is going to benefit him in the future, but will any of it translate into his ability to do a competent L6 mushroom/pommel routine?

(And yes, I am also the owner and operator of the female child who came home today from open gym with an ugly rip from doing too many front sole circles. Because that's really going to help her with her beam acro, LOL!)

It will help his shape on mushroom as he has to stretch more to do it on horse. Other than that, just think about how i thelps next year :)

It is impossible to express how much he loves loves loves pommel horse. He would bring one home from the gym and sleep with it in his bed if he could.

Skschlag, don't scare me like that. I would like at least two years at L6, thank you very much. And I am counting on floor to keep us here!

LOL!
D loves pommel horse too, so I totally understand that! It has been on his Christmas list for about 4 years now. (not happening!!!) it is definitely his favorite!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back