WAG Questions for anyone who has been to Karolyi's summer camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It doesn't! DD went to TOPs camp out there with our Verizon phone plan. Coaches had AT&T. They had to use her phone to make calls. They did have the ability to connect to wifi while in the gym, but I doubt your DD will have time to do that while she's getting ready for workout.

That's good information to know. We have AT&T...
Actually, GYMoM, do you have any idea if those coaches were able to text? I know sometimes they work on different bandwidths (or whatever the term is).

texting works all the time as long as you get minimum reception. and Verizon works the best there for some reason.

That's good information to know. We have AT&T...
Actually, GYMoM, do you have any idea if those coaches were able to text? I know sometimes they work on different bandwidths (or whatever the term is).
One coach could text sometimes and the other couldn't at all. It was really sketchy. However, my DD had enough service to make phone calls and text from her room. And....Verizon is selling iphone 4 for $99 on prepaid right now. You pay an activation fee and $45 per month. You only pay for the months you want to use it. That's what we have done.

texting works all the time as long as you get minimum reception. and Verizon works the best there for some reason.

One coach could text sometimes and the other couldn't at all. It was really sketchy. However, my DD had enough service to make phone calls and text from her room. And....Verizon is selling iphone 4 for $99 on prepaid right now. You pay an activation fee and $45 per month. You only pay for the months you want to use it. That's what we have done.

Thanks!
Basically I'll just expect no communication from DD, and if I get some, then it's a bonus :)

Yes a teenage or young adult girl stays in the cabin with them to help keep them on track and on schedule with lights out and showers and meals and stuff. My dd went on her own but I would assume that coaches stay in the nice cabins.

I hope you don't mind, I have another question...

Are there showers in each cabin? Did you DD leave her shampoo, etc, in the bathroom/shower, or did she bring a basket or such to carry all of her things (like in a dorm in college)?

Thank you!

I hope you don't mind, I have another question...

Are there showers in each cabin? Did you DD leave her shampoo, etc, in the bathroom/shower, or did she bring a basket or such to carry all of her things (like in a dorm in college)?

Thank you!
Yes there are showers in each cabin. However, hot water runs out quickly. I kept DD things in a vinyl travel case, but a basket would work. I don't know that I would leave it in the shower. Make sure she has shower shoes too!

T
Yes there are showers in each cabin. However, hot water runs out quickly. I kept DD things in a vinyl travel case, but a basket would work. I don't know that I would leave it in the shower. Make sure she has shower shoes too!

Thank you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back