Parents Quick! Need help with rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlymomof3

Proud Parent
So Dd has her score out meet for level 5 tomorrow and came home with a huge rip from practice tonight :( She said she had a horrible practice because of it and her confidence is shaken. Anything she can do tonight to help it not be so sore tomorrow? Also what is the best way to cover it so it stays put during the meet? TIA!!

Here is a good article on rip treatment....http://www.elitegymnast.com/Rips.html
Take off extra skin, wash with soap and water, apply antibiotic ointment. Cover for the night. Tape with athletic tape for meet. Be sure not to put sticky side of tape directly on ripped area. Sometimes it helps to ice right before competing bars to take any remaining sting away temporarily just to get through the routine. Good Luck to her in the meet :)

Thanks for the question and the link to the article. It has been a while since my daughter has had a rip. But I wish I had known all that is in that article. We will start on some preventive treatment now.

Good luck with your DD's rip. I hope she does well today.

My DD is attempting to score out of L4 soon. She will only have a couple weeks to learn the new floor/beam routines so it's a little nerve wracking. This is where the faith in her awesome coach's come in. Congrats to your daughter!!!

My DD is attempting to score out of L4 soon. She will only have a couple weeks to learn the new floor/beam routines so it's a little nerve wracking. This is where the faith in her awesome coach's come in. Congrats to your daughter!!!
Good luck to your daughter, Moxiegrl83!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back