Quit?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L

limegymnast5

I am thinking of quitting gymnastics. Right now, I am an AAU Prep Op gymnast. I just got my front tuck off beam, and I'm working on my fly-away on bars and my roundoff back tuck on floor. I am constantly injuring myself, like I pulled both of my hip muscles and hyperextended both of my knees @ the same time and fractured my pinkie. I have super tight shoulders too. However, 2 of the girls on my team I would call them my best friends. I feel like I'm not progressing, but I think I might be... idk?? Oh, and I'm starting high school next year with all honors classes, but I ony know 2 people going there too. :/ I need my best friends because I couldn't live without them. Should I quit or not?? If you need anything answered about my skills, Ill answer! Thanks.

SO I am guessing you are 13!! How do I know, 'cos I have one just like you at home!

It is a tough age with lots of new challenges both at home and school, and then there is all the growing up stuff that goes with it. Many gymnasts feel like you, conflicted between quitting and keeping going.

SO here is my thought, if you are still enjoying gym and enjoying your friends in the gym, keep going. If not what else can you do. Prep op is a great programme that lets you be an optional without needing L7 skills, I think it is the perfect programme for a teen.

Give it some time to make a choice as I know that day to day I feel differently about things that are going on in my life.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back