Re-Introduction

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hiya there, my name is Carina and I was on this forum years ago. But then for no reason at all stopped coming here.I guess partially because I am not American and not living there, so lots of things are different. I did read up on a lot of news on a different International Forum, called Gymworld.de, don't post there though. But there seems to be something wrong with that place, I am not getting that page I should. So I was looking to find out if anyone knew what is happening there, but haven't found anything. But I stumbled back on CB. And decided to check it out again.

So, I doubt people will still remember me, but I am a proud Dutch parent, of now, a Teenage daughter called Talitha. She is now 14. She started doing rec. gym. when she was 7. Went to what we call a selection group, when she was 9 and started doing competitions. Not a super high level, but enjoyable. She was training in our own town until almost 3 years ago. And then we changed to a better one about half an hour away. And she loves it there. And she still goes there now.

She trains 4 hours a week and I think it would be level 5 in the USA? Not sure, I think you other parents would be able to tell me.

So, I hope to get to hang around here a bit again.

Thanks for your nice welcome back. Can't rememeber your first name, but I do remember you from when I was here.

All is good. Time flies too fast. Can't believe she is a teenager now. 14 years old. Glad she is still enjoying gymnastics though.

Mine aren't even in gym anymore. Oldest girl had spine surgery in June and youngest is now a cheerleader. Time goes by.

Oh wow, did she damage her back with gym.? Or something else. I think once you are in the gymnastics world, hehe, you don't ever get out of it.

Yes she had bilateral stress fractures and slippage of the vertebra, probably overuse. It was misdiagnosed for quite some time. Surgery came after a lot of pt and time off. She is now able to ski and do gym again.

Yes she had bilateral stress fractures and slippage of the vertebra, probably overuse. It was misdiagnosed for quite some time. Surgery came after a lot of pt and time off. She is now able to ski and do gym again.

Wow, that must have been hard. For you and your dd. Of course dd had the physical of it all, so that was the hardest. Does she miss it a lot, or not anymore?

She had stopped gym a year before the surgery due to the back pain. She moved on to trampolining, but that was no better, so that was when we really began to push for further investigation. She was sad to give up tramp, as she loved it. She did no sports for over a year. Now she can do some sports at school and ski again. In six months she key be able to do anything she wants. Though now she is almost 16 I don't think gym will be part of her life.

I have tried to repeatedly post my "welcome back message," and my computer kept crashing on me!!! Anyway... WELCOME BACK!!!

I definitely remember you and Talitha. I enjoyed watching her videos and listening to the Dutch language. Sounds like she is happy and thriving in her new gym.

My own DD just quit the sport after reaching Level 8 this past fall. She is now 17 and her focus has switched to her social life (ugh), and school (yay). She is 17 and is busy with her National Honor Society and Key Club activities. Oh yeah, she is still competing on her high school team. I have to say tho, that I miss the club gymnastics very much... oh well... it's now about me... I keep telling myself!

Welcome back again!

Thanks Tumblequeensmom. It is nice to be back and it did come through this time, hehe.

Wow, can imagine it is weird not being involved anymore. I hope Talitha will still go on for quite some time. She loves it, so no worries for now. She is actually helping an hour a week at her old club with teaching rec. girls from about 6-8 years. She did a small course at her current club and her trainer of her old club knew about that. So she is having fun doing that too. So can't imagine she will lose interest any time soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back