Really angry; lost birthday job

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So some of you may remember my post about getting to work birthday parties for $25. I was super excited about it because it was going to make getting money for gym really easy.

Well, not anymore.

According to someone who worked with me, probably a girl I'll call Lacy, I don't interact with the kids enough and I don't get all cheerleader when they do something. This may have been true for the first party and for the first 10-20 minutes of the second party. I only did the 2 and both times I was a 3rd wheel because I was still learning; I didn't actually have to be there and therefore didn't really get a chance to be all happy or whatever.

But I did try, I suggested to the kids try new jumps and complimented them, and I even told them not to put their hands behind their backs when they fell on trampoline. I didn't jump up and down and scream "omg omg you're so awesome!!!!" but it wasn't like I was totally cold. But often when I was just about to say something, someone (usually Lacy) would jump in and say what I was about to say. :mad:

The other complaint was that I was apparently thought to be older then I was. Like I haven't heard that before, having been tall since the moment I was freaking born. It was always, "oh are you 7??" No I'm 6... My Mom TOLD the person in charge that I was 13 turning 14 on 9/11. She thought I was going on 15. :mad:

I don't think this is fair because I only got to do parties as the 3rd person. If I was actually doing it with just one other person, I might have had more of a CHANCE to act how they wanted me to. :(

Plus, the person in charge heard this from someone else. I'm pretty sure it was Lacy. The stupid thing is she's apparently very irresponsible herself. But she's been working there all summer and of course, seniority comes into play (though it really shouldn't). I think she was the one who crossed my name off on the sign up sheet and added hers.

If it was my coach (who I was also working with), he'll regret it when I get to him on Tuesday.

:fryingpan:

I'm really mad right now because I've been a good girl and followed all the rules, and look. The one thing that was going to be nice about being the oldest girl on level 5 is gone. Plus I saw the new comp leo today and I really liked it and was in a good mood, so it was a long way to fall when I got the news.

Oooh, that's harsh. I feel so bad for you! I almost never say anything when I work parties and the leaders don't really seem to care. I just set up beforehand, help the kids out of the pit, and make sure they stay on their feet on the tumble track. :) Maybe you could talk to your coach and ask for another chance; just explain that you were still learning what to do. :)

Talk to whom ever is your boss. Tell them you want to do the best job and that you would like to know specifically what they are looking for you to do. Forget lucy or lacy whatever. This is the work world it is how every job you will ever have in your life is going to be, get used to it now. You just have to go with the program, what ever your boss tells you you need to do to improve you do, even if he/she wants you to get all "cheerleedly" with the kids. I will tell you what I hate, to the bone teaching the little kids. It drives me crazy, and reminds me every day why I am never going to have kids, ever. I have just never been a little kid person, just like some people are not cat people or dog people. I can tolertate them and that is it, but since it is a part of my job I put on my Mary Poppins smile and skip on out there full of sunshine and rainbows, none of the parents have a clue that I am just thinking about the end result my paycheck and it doesn't much matter as they get what they want (an out going wonderful teacher) the kids get what they want (some one fun and happy) and my boss gets what he wants ( a good employee that keeps parents paying the bills) That is life, no matter what you get into there will always be some aspect of your job you will hate, you have to become a good actress and a good butt kisser. Ask your boss often how you are doing and what you can do to be better. My boss is very passive agressive and won't ever tell you if you are doing bad you will hear it from some other source and then it is too late. Stick with it, it will get easier and believe it or not better and when you're down just think of "this is another hour I am getting paid for, so I can do something I enjoy."

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back