WAG Reassuring idea about falling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't know if this will help anybody, but I figured I might as well post it here just in case it does.

Back story - When I used to fall, I'd basically give up on my routine. Now, my falls were always at the end of the routine, so it wasn't that big of a problem, but it would throw off the rest of the meet.

Now, I have my state meet tomorrow. I was really stressed because, well, you know.

So, while my coach was talking to our team, he said something that was really helpful to me.

"Falling isn't a game ender. It's just starting from a 9.5 start value. The exact same thing happens if you miss your cast on bars. Let me repeat: FALLING ISN'T THE END OF YOUR ROUTINE.

Basically what he was saying is though we value falling as much more important than missing a cast or a split requirement, they are valued the same. Then again, that could put stress on the split requirement or the cast
;), but for me it was really game changing/

The moral of the story is: falling isn't as big a problem as you may think.

Now, I'm not saying you'll win beam :p, but your all around isn't over.

Hope this was helpful to someone?

I mean all your coaches probably say "finish the routine" after a fall, but it helped me to know that it's like starting from a 9.5 start value.

That is a really good insight! I never fell on beam, but my wobbles were more worth than a fall probably. I wouldn't focus anymore. Gonna try to remember this!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back