WAG Scared of R/O BHS BT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a level 6 gymnast, and I have been doing my R/O BHS BT's for 2+ years consistently. Earlier this year I was scared to go for it (even with a spot) for one day, but after going to camp and getting a break from gymnastics for a few weeks i could do it again fine. One day I was practicing tucks and pikes, when for some reason i freaked out in the air and landed on my neck! It didn't hurt at all but it was super scary, and since that day I hadn't had a chance to work on them in weeks! Today when i finally got to try it again, i was too scared to go for it, even with a spot!! I really want to get it back, but I am having trouble getting myself to go.

If this helps, i can do standing back tucks pretty well and they are my favorite skill to do. I have a pretty decent high set and have a high rebound out of my R/O BHS. I tried doing R/O BT's today with a spot and got that out of the way, and I'm not scared to do those anymore, I think it just scares me that I have more time to think when I add in the BHS.

If anyone has tips that would be great!

When ever you hurt your self you need to get back up and do it strait again, so this dose not happen. Try doing round off back handspring then standing back tuck and speed up till connected. I think it is just a head thing though and as soon as you do it once it will be fine!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back