Parents Send them ALL to MN!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just a vent to all my understanding Chalk Bucket friends!~

As you may remember in all the way back in September Beetle was having great practices was "this close" to her shootover and moving to L9 and then broke her Ankle. She was out for 5 weeks.

A couple weeks ago she was having great practices, got all of her L8 skills back after the injury and some of the L9 skills. Stood up her vaults on her own for the first time! Then injured her Hip Flexor and had to take a few days off and slow down for a couple weeks.

This week she has had a great week! Standing up all her vaults on her own, Turning piriouettes on TOP of the bar and hitting her handstands! And even moved her flight back up to the high beam (She was having a mental block on it.. again.. ). Her coach judged their routines on Wednesday, she got a 8.75 on Vault, 9.0 on Bars 9.1 on Beam ( with flight on low beam) and a 9.1 on floor. They have Judges Mock Meet a week from today.. she got to practice yesterday feeling confident and focused... Do you guys know what comes next? Can you tell from the above pattern?

Yep, you guessed it... She was doing conditioning, running... Pivoted during her run.. put all her weight on the back foot and pop goes her Ankle. The OTHER ANKLE! The 'Healthy' one!

Being a 14 year old girl.. she immediately collapses and starts sobbing... she was so upset taht I couldn't tell if it hurt that bad or she was just worried about the season.. the ankle was really swollen so I brought her to the ER. THANKFULLY, it is just a sprain.. but she is on crutches AGAIN..and out of practice AGAIN.. The Doctor thinks she should be fine in a week or so, just sore but I don't know how much more of this I can handle...

So if I could request ALL fairies to be sent to MN? Specifically - The SUPERFAST healing fairy and a NO MORE INJURY Fairy! and a wine maker fairy for Mom to relax!

I will send you all the faires I know about and even a prayer or two.

Optional gymnastics sure is a harder road. I wish at least they would get hurt doing something cool. LOL Not just runngin or walking up steps that is so wrong in so many ways.

I know she will heal fast and be even more determined. Tell her we love her and will see her with stars on at the Gopher Invite

Ugh !!!!
Now that really sucks !!

Sending all the fairies I can think of ( except the ones we need for the State Meet tomorrow - but I will send those too as soon as the meet is over).

Once it heals some make sure she does some strenghtening exercises ( like tracing the alphabet with her foot) that is what our doctor told us to do when DD had a sprain. They also said they are easier to sprain again once they have been sprained. She may want to wear a support or wrap it when she goes back.

I am so sorry! I hope she has a speedy recovery and is better than ever! These girls work so hard, so disappointing to have that happen! We'll say a prayer for both of you!

Cait doesn't compete for another 6 weeks so you can have all the fairies we have. We just need some back end of January...

Sean

My DD is VERY dramatic about any little bump or bruise also!! Sending all the healing fairies you way!! And the "keep those skills" fairy while she doing conditioning.

Oh gosh, are you sure our girls aren't related, she sounds just like bigger bog, falling from one injury to the next.

Sending all the fairies I can find, sounds like you need them. Hope all improves for her over the next few weeks.

Mine is momentarily without pain, and I hope she can stay that way, at least for a few meets!

Sorry she got hurt again, especially after working so hard to get back those skills. I am sure she will get them all back once she is better. Sending lots of fairies!!! Hope she heals really fast. I had to laugh at gym monkey mom's comment that they always seem to hurt it doing something like walking or running and not doing something cool. Only parents of gymmies would laugh at that. :D

Poor honey!
Do they allow preventative strapping at your gym? I was thinking it would be good for her confidence if not actually prevent all injury?
I think it's actually common to hurt your "good" ankle when coming back from injury because you start unconsciously favouring the bad one and so put more pressure on it when doing routine things like running.

UGH, how frustrating! Praying for quick healing and NO MORE injuries, and sending fairies your way, too.
I agree with the poster who suggested the ABC tracing. That exercise and others should help immensely and give your dd the feeling that she's doing something productive still in gymnastics while she waits for the all clear!

I can't believe what I just read! Beetle is having a case of really bad luck, I feel so bad for her. Thankfully it is not broken, but for her to have to be on crutches - it's such a bummer!!!!

I am hoping for a very speedie recovery and no loss of skills! ;)

All faries on EXPRESS mail! :) hope she does great at the mock meet.! :)

I am sending ALL the fairies . . . because the more the better . . . especially the ((((hug)))) fairy

my heart is just broken for her - I'm sure her first thought was it's broken - another 5 weeks out - glad it's a sprain - I hope it heals super super fast

So sorry to hear she has such a bad time getting injured so much.Will send you all the healing
and skill fairies from here.Tell her to be strong and she will overcome this one too.

Oh my gosh! that poor girl. I hope she heals quickly this time as well--she deserves it after all she's gone through!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. She really has had a rotten run of luck with the injuries. Sending all the fairies we can spare your way! I hope this injury heals up quickly. It sounds like she is more than ready for the competitive season if she can just stay injury free. Prayers headed your way!

Meg

How awful! I can't even imagine how frustrated she must be. Poor thing.
Get well soon fairies are on their way! Sending good thoughts too, darling!!

Could I have some of those fairies here in Texas as well please. My DD who is training her first level 10 season at a new gym (we just moved here from NY) was doing a conditioning exercise of jumping onto a whale mat (tuck jumps) and off again and while doing this rolled both, yes I said both, ankles. She is now in two of those frankenstein looking black boots. She will miss her mock meet and first travel meet with her new team. She is determined to get back as soon as possible. In the meantime she is doing all the upper body conditioning she can and is even swinging bars a bit.
So if anyone has any spare fairies, my DD needs them too.

Last edited:
I am amazed at her resilience thus far. Fighting through all those injuries is a sure sign of a dedicated gymmie... My prayers go out to you both....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back