Shallon Olsen, 10 year old gymnast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Shallon Olsen

So, remember the baby from canada, shallon olsen? Well, she has improved. This week at nationals, she took all around national title in the High Performance Novice category. She also found time to upgrade her vault to an amazing double twisting yurchenko. Remember, she is 10, and weighs all of 53 pounds!

[video=youtube;yEzcfsXsvzI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEzcfsXsvzI[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it look like she is already twisting on the table (in her bhs) slightly to anybody else? Maybe I am totally off but it looks like her bhs is slightly turned.

ya i saw that video on gymnasticscoaching.com she is amazing. i hope her coach will take some time now to clean up her form and improver her basics now that she has all the big skills.

Does it look like she is already twisting on the table (in her bhs) slightly to anybody else? Maybe I am totally off but it looks like her bhs is slightly turned.

She's twisting slightly left first.

Whatever can be said about the concern of doing these skills so early (and I certainly don't think I would recommend it), I have to say she is pretty outstanding for her size on this event. Her horizontal speed is very good.

I always watch her videos, she's so amazing! I just hope she doesn't burn out.

wow shes awsome for a ten year old shes looking to be in the olympics.

I always love watching this girls beam. She makes me think of these two girls at my gym but better.

She is amazing to watch. But i read in an article that was written right when she turned 10 that she'd already upped her hours to 30 to get bigger skills. That's a lot for a 9-10 year old who can't even go for the Olympics until 2016... IMO.

She is amazing to watch. But i read in an article that was written right when she turned 10 that she'd already upped her hours to 30 to get bigger skills. That's a lot for a 9-10 year old who can't even go for the Olympics until 2016... IMO.
I totally agree with this. I hate to say it, but I think she'll burn out before the Olympics come. She's so young, and she's already at the highest level!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back