Parents She qualified!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congrads and good luck. I know a lot of people feel that they try to put everyone through but I do not think it is true in PA. She definitly earned her spot I think having one chance to get a 33 is not that easy, other states have multiple times to quaify or lower scores needed. Although I am sure other ones are tougher. At daughters gym 4 out of 5 made it they practice 14hrs a week and the ones that made it got lower scores than at other meets so I do not think the judging is any easier than other meets. They make it easier for the higher levels to qualify my daughter only needed 32 at any meet I think I is based on the numbers of the gymnasts in each level so hopefully if your daughter does level 6 next year it will remain the same so she will not have to deal with sectionals. I am sure she will do great at states.

Congrats to your DD!!! We were at Eastern Sectionals but only had to drive 1.5 hours. States will be a longer drive for us at about 2.5 hours. PA is just TOO BIG!!!

Results from the meet are posted (and posted in score-order, not by age or anything, so it made it easy to figure out) and 51 out of 85 girls in that session qualified for States. I checked the gym with the 25 hours a week... 5 of their 13 gymnasts qualified. So with 2 of our 5 gymnasts qualifying, our percentages were better... and they practice 4 times more hours than our girls do. That seems a little bit crazy to me... the 25 hours a week, certainly, but really, you'd think with all of those hours they'd all be scoring above a 33 easy!

Just saw this thread. A big congrats to Kathy! I knew that she could do it! It's tough that you only have one sectional and chance to qualify for states. Anything can happen at a meet. But so glad to hear that her hard work and determination paid off and that she has the experience of states to look forward to. Will she move to L6?

Will she move to L6?
Looks that way. Our gym usually does level 5, a couple years in prep op, score out of level 6, move on to level 7... However, the current group of level 5's are so much younger than the current prep-ops that the coach is tentatively planning on doing a year of level 6 with them. She's decided to take the non-qualifying level 5's to another meet next weekend to see if she can get a higher score out of them so she can justify moving them up to level 6 (though they all have their move-up score, the coach wants to see at least a 32... though they've all scored above 33 at YMCA meets, just not at USAG meets).

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back