WAG Sick and gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

agtc0424

Gymnast
I know there's a lot of threads on this - but what about ear infections? Not contagious but....

I was diagnosed yesterday with swimmers ear, didn't go to school yesterday. Had a low grade fever (99.9) so barely there - went to school today.

Our meetseason starts soon and I only go to the gym two days a week - So I'm anxious to skip. Not sure if it's better to skip now, but next week I don't have practice Thursday... so only 5 practices until my first meet (and I just got my floor routine).

Go or no...????

I would try to go unless your temp is over 100.0 if you can physically handle it. FWIW, I am a school nurse and usually send my girls to practice unless they have a temp over 100 or have major physical symptoms especially if a meet is coming up.

Since it's not contagious and you have a meet coming up I would probably go. Just keep in mind with ear infections your equilibrium may be off. So it may not be the best practice you've ever had lol. But you should be ok!
That's what I was going to say.
And, @agtc0424 , if it is any consolation, my OG got her floor routine choreographed last Thursday and competed it last Saturday. She had only been back at practice for 8-9 practices after she finished her volleyball season.

Just keep in mind with ear infections your equilibrium may be off. So it may not be the best practice you've ever had lol. But you should be ok!
That's what I was going to say. Be careful with beam and tumbling because of equilibrium issues.
And, @agtc0424 , if it is any consolation, my OG got her floor routine choreographed last Thursday and competed it last Saturday. She had only been back at practice for 8-9 practices after she finished her volleyball season.

Thank you! I did end up going, vault was okay. Actually had the best vaults I've done in a while. Went to floor- tumbling was sooooo off, coach sent me to sit for a bit. Ran through some routines without tumbling, but it was starting to hurt. Went to bars, my kip cast w good form finally clicked. But hurts like crazy now. Hopefully this clears up - not a good time to get sick with meet season so close!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back