Parents ***Sigh***

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So last night in practice a girl falls and breaks her arm. EMS comes in and there are all these paramedics and they wheel her out on a stretcher. So this is one of dd's teammates so of course all the girls are upset about it, some more than others. So anyway, one of the girls comes up to dd and says "everyone is saying that you are going to freak out like "Sally" (names are being changed to protect the innocent, hee hee) did and fall off the bar". When dd does her bar routine, when she does her squat on then jumps to the high bar, she doesnt look down at the low bar, she just really jumps to the high bar from the squat on position (i think she does lose a couple of tenths of a point for this, cause she doesnt really stand on the low bar, she just jumps from the squat on position really...but thats another conversation :)). But anway, they were saying that she is gonna fall like "Sally" b/c she doesnt look down. How annoying!!! Now she is totally freaked about bars. When I picked her up from practice last night she gets in the car and just bursts out crying! We went back in and talked to her coach for a while just to calm her down, but I dont know if that helped much. I tried to tell her not to worry about falling, and that she always does an excellent bar routine (she has consistently been around the 9.0 range). I even told her that when she fools around at home and I tell her that she is gonna fall she doesnt worry about falling then, so why worry when some silly girls tell her she is gonna fall?? I don't think she bought it. And we have a State Qualifier tomorrow!! Great.........:(

I hope the coach is aware of what the girl said to her about what the girls are saying. It would be a good idea for the coach to sit down with the girls and talk about how this behavior is wrong. I would be so peeved.

you know, generally, everyone is so positive and supportive...from other gymnasts to parents, etc. Seems like there has to be that one nut, though, in the bunch! Let her know that, because it's unfortunate that someone has to be catty and try to psych her out...good luck to you and dd this weekend!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back