Coaches Small space

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

traveler

Coach
Proud Parent
We are stationed overseas. Our installation has a small gym, like a ridiculously small. This is what I have: two balance beams, parallel bar, uneven bar, rings, two springboards, floor mats, octagon, couple cheese mats. I do not have a bigger space, high ceiling, a spring floor, and vault table.
I think the most I can do as a coach is to coach preschool gymnastics, bronze level, and maybe silver level.
There is a big demand for gymnastics program, my worry is can I make it work in the small space? What to do with the girls who come with a higher level of skills? All these girls who love gymnastics and want to start or continue to train have no place to go. Even if I can coach the lower levels, like bronze and silver, they will have no chance to compete until they move back to USA.
What should I do? How can I make it work? I will appreciate any ideas, suggestions, thoughts. Thank you

My gym is 2000 sq ft. We compete bronze-gold with no spring floor or full set of bars. We place at state and regionals every year. It can be done, you just have to plan how to use your space. Also, there's no composition deduction for Xcel floor so your gymnasts can do their whole routine in a straight line for any level. Many gyms don't have a spring floor (only foam) or use the practice vault instead of the table until they get bigger. It's too expensive when you just start out. We do lots of drills and conditioning/flexibility as stations do my kids are always moving. My parents are happy and I haven't had a girl switch to another gym yet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back