WAG soccer or gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

serbiangymnast

I really love gymnastics so much, I have the drive and passion to keep trying and do the sport. I am 12 years old. i I started in febuary, 2013, then hurt my arm june 2013 and took a long 7-8 month break. My dad doesnt want me to do gymnastics, he thinks I will get much farther in soccer, but I dont like playing soccer, I'm scared of it. I'm not as good as the other girls. I was a level 4 in gymnastics and I'm not willing to quit yet. How do I convince my parents that gymnastics is just as worthy as soccer, nobody except my aunts really think I will get anywhere in the sport. Sorry its long

You are too young to be on here, but you need to let your father know that you don't like soccer.
It is hard to excel at something if you resent having to do it and I hope your parents will understand that.

Please come back when you are 14 and let us know the outcome. Good luck.

@bogwoppit ... I hope she can convince her parents to let her stay in gym, but I know you have to do your thing.

Hi. I'm actually 14 and my parents have always given me the choice to quit gymnastics (which I would NEVER agree to) but told me I didn't really have a choice to quit soccer and some other sports. They say they always want me to be participating in a "team sport". And they won't listen when I explain that gymnastics IS a team sport, if only they would let me join TEAM.

So throughout the school year I participate in Cross country, soccer, basketball, track, gymnastics, and I go up to the mountains every week through the winter for skiing. Oh yeah, and I'm in an advanced program in school where if get TONS of homework every night and am taking two 10th grade classes in 8th grade. When I complain about a tight (more like suffocating) schedule, they always offer quoting gym, but I love it so it's worth it.

Quitting, not quoting

And basically I'm just saying that you could do both if you really want, but if I was in your situation I would just stick with gymnastics. Even if you know you won't be an Olympian, gymnastics has so many benefits it's worth it.

Sorry for the long rant! And I couldn't fit it all on one page...lol.

Good luck, and NEVER give up what you love without a fight.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back