WAG Socks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Turk

Gymnast
I have the slippiest feet in the universe, except for spins where I get stuck to the carpet/beam. I have a tendency to slide off the springboard, which is obviously a danger. I've been wearing these, which I wear for dance too: http://www.dancedirect.com/uk/Products/Ballet/9791/ and I love them because they sort out all of those issues, but they aren't made for carpet and they wear out around the toes and the grips wear away. Obviously, I also can't wear them for competitions either. I'd like to get socks I'm allowed to wear (I have eschewed the shoe option, having tried on several brands and being unimpressed).

All I can find while googling for gymnastics socks in the UK are these: http://gymnasticexpress.co.uk/gym-socks-various-designs/ That's what I'm after, but they don't have a big enough size for me and I'd have to roll them down to cover the design anyway.

Does google just hate me, or are gymnastics socks really this hard to find in the UK? Does anyone know where to get them? They don't have to have a grip on the ball but I'd prefer it. I did briefly consider wearing my rhythmic shoes for floor, but aside from spins, they actually make things worse.

Like I said, have a few shoes so far, I think I might have coped with the feel if I'd found some that would fit but I'm between sizes on the brands I've tried. I also can't seem to find Pegasus in the UK :confused:

'Bella' Half Toe Gripper Socks

Thought these might work. I just looked up nonslip socks.

I cant seem to get the link to copy in here correctly but try that in Google and see what you think.

I really need my toes covered, otherwise they stick to the carpet and then the calluses there rip or my toes just twist - but thank you for the suggestion!

Would trampoline socks be any use?
I tried looking for them on Google, but found nothing except some fancy high-tech colourful socks.

I know my computer messes with Google results (long and boring story) which I think is stopping me finding anything in the UK. Can anyone else in the UK try it and see if it's just me, or if there really isn't anything? Thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back