Parents Something funny happened at the meet today....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
We had our host meet this weekend and I have to share something I saw because I thought I was never going to stop giggling from the sheer cuteness of it!

First of all, I want to go on record as saying that I am NOT a fan of the "gymnast walk". But while I was flashing at a L3 session, one little bitty girl tried to do the gymnast walk onto the floor. The only problem was that when she stepped left with her straight leg and pointy toe, she also swung her left arm forward. So it ended up looking like a mummy stalking the judges rather than a gymnast taking her opening position.

I could NOT stop giggling and am so glad that I wasn't flashing that event so hopefully it wasn't obvious what I found so amusing. But this little girl made my day and reminded me how adorable they are at that age.

So please share your cute stories from meets, either your gymmie or just what you've seen.

Dd first gymnastic meet she was on floor first. She remembered her routine and did well ran off the floor with a big smile and tripped and fell on her way off and got up with a grin. The whole audience laughed.

lil one's first year she'd get so excited at when it was time for each event that she would start before it was her time to go.. no saluting, nothing.. on bars as soon as the other girl dismounted she would scurry up to the bar and pullover.. at meet number 3 the coaches started holding her down until her name was called.. when they'd let go, it was like a caged animal being released into the wild, well, except more graceful.. kinda.. ish.. ha

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back