Sore

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

4inches

Gymnast
Yesterday I did front handsprings for about 25 minutes during practice. My practice was only and hour long and the only other thing that we did was jumps on beam and warm-up. Anyways, point is my shoulders and butt are sore. This isn't the first time this has happened with FHS. I stretch my shoulders in warm up, if that makes a difference, and I probably did around 15-20 FHS. Oh, and I didn't fall on my butt either.

The first times I did FHS I was sore too but mainly only my thighs felt pulled and strained. But now when I do them (about five weeks later) I feel no soreness!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using ChalkBucket mobile app

I think soreness is normal for any skill. Make sure to stretch those areas before and do a set of ten or so jumping jacks!

Anything that warms up the body that's like cardio. Like we do jump ropes, running, warmups, jumping jacks, just to warm up the body and stretch it while using that range of motion!

I did stretch my shoulders after and they were better but after a day I was perfectly fine. And yeah idk how to stretch my butt.

To stretch your butt you can overlap your legs ( one is on top, the other on bottom and your knees touching, ankles on either side) hold your feet and lean over. Or in a position similar to a split bend your leg so that your sitting on your outer thigh.
Sent from my SGH-T679 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Put your back leg behind you like you are going into splits, the front leg is bent with lower leg going flat across the floor in front of you. Lean forward until your elbows are resting on the floor. To get more stretch, lean further forward or move your front foot further out in front of you. Repeat on other side.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back