WAG Special requirements and value parts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twisting007bigflip

Coach
Proud Parent
Can elements from special requirements be counted toward value parts to routines? I am confused and apologize for my lack of knowledge here. I've been teaching at a gym that hasn't competed usag in 6 years...we typically just do compulsories, but my current group of 8-10 year olds could easily compete new level 6 I think...we only compete in a few non sanctioned leagues, so there would be no having to score out of new level 5...

Basically, I'm wondering:
If one of the special requirements for floor is an acro series w min of 3 connected elements w or w/o hand support, would roundoff bhs bhs count as the special req + 3 A's?? Or do the value parts count separate from the special requirements?

Yes, the same elements can count towards special requirements and value parts, like the acro series you described.

On a side note, but still related....

Is it just me, or is the new optional level 6 potentially easier than the compulsory level 5. Since you can take advantage and play to peoples strengths?

On a side note, but still related....

Is it just me, or is the new optional level 6 potentially easier than the compulsory level 5. Since you can take advantage and play to peoples strengths?

This is exactly what I'm thinking and why I am leaning toward me level 6 for my current group. My concern is a few of the special requirements like the 180 split req on beam. If a kid hits a 150 split jump on beam, do they get credit for the required B, and only lose the .5 missing SR deduction?? Again, really sorry for all the questions, I'm still learning :/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back