1. Chn 275.977
2. Gbr 271.711
3. Ukr 271.526
4. Jpn 271.252
5. Usa 269.952
6. Rus 269.603
7. Ger 268.019
8. Fra 265.441

Total shocker, right! But, I am SO excited for Team GB, as well. They had an awesome competition. So cool to medal as a team at home, for the first time in, what did Shannon say? 100 years? Yowza!

The US men...just didn't bring their best gymnastics today. Hopefully they regroup for EF and AA.

I am totally gobsmacked by the MAG TF. Totally thrilled for team GB, those guys are stars.

The US and Japan has some killer mistakes.

WOW, appeal accepted, Ukraine bumped off podium, GB bumped into third, Japan takes silver.

Talk about a wild ride. The guys must be wrecks after this.

Nothing if for sure at the Olympics.

Surely the appeal was wrong? I get why they appealed was seen as a fall not a badly done dismount. However- surely if Japan thought an error had been made in judging they would have appealed as soon as the score was shown, not when they realised this put them out of medal contention! Feel so bad for the Team GB guys, bronze when you think you got silver has to leave you slightly deflated. :(

Surely the appeal was wrong? I get why they appealed was seen as a fall not a badly done dismount. However- surely if Japan thought an error had been made in judging they would have appealed as soon as the score was shown, not when they realised this put them out of medal contention! Feel so bad for the Team GB guys, bronze when you think you got silver has to leave you slightly deflated. :(

Totally. Gutted for Ukraine, but more so for GB, they really brought their A game today.

Totally. Gutted for Ukraine, but more so for GB, they really brought their A game today.

I thought they really kept their calm on floor, especially with the pressure they knew they were under! We can't appeal the appeal can we? :p I suppose it's a bit difficult now they've given out the medals!

I don't get that either. How can they wait so long;and not do it right as they get the score? Happy for GB :) sad for USa
:( it was painful to watch. Really looking forward to the ladies!

I don't get that either. How can they wait so long;and not do it right as they get the score? Happy for GB :) sad for USa
:( it was painful to watch. Really looking forward to the ladies!

Exactly! :( Yeah I heard the USA guys didn't do as well as hoped- didn't see their performance though, was coaching :p
Same! Will be rooting for Gabby to take AA :D

Happy for GB in front of home crowd!

Gutted for USA, after being in first for Prelims.

HATE that China and Japan sandbag during the prelims. This happened two years in a row.

What does the USA need to do to fix this pommel deficit. Even our guy who may be a hopeful for Rio is inconsistent. He is awesome one day, one of the best, and then falls on the second day of competition. What in the world are we doing wrong?

Did anyone see Uchimura's PH routine?? Our STUPID "live" feed froze just as he was mounting and unfroze as he was walking back to his teammates, looking tense and unhappy.

I know it's a big controversy and will likely be for a long time to come, but he really does take my breath away, and I can't wait to see him compete in the AA finals.

I did see it, and saw many replays they showed on the Canadian live coverage. From our angle it was highly debatable whether he hit handstand. The knowledgable commentators said they doubted it.

What happened with the US guys...lots of falls?...who and on what event?

Any thoughts on if GBR was judged "favorably?" I've heard maybe but it was from a non gymnast. I haven't seen any Olympics as of yet.

The only team I felt was "gifted" was China on form. Some ugly legs and feet. But otherwise things seemed to make sense. Lots of mistakes all over the place, many falls and upsets. China had no mistakes at all, just some form issues.

Well other than Kohei pommel dismount debacle, I have watched it a few times and each time I felt it was not a dismount, handstand not reached and that he fell before any kind of position had been reach. But that could be all about the camera angle.

Daniel Purves for GB did a stellar floor routine, definitely one worth looking at. Followed immediately by his team mate Christian who did an equally good one. Team GB was totally on today, though young Sam fell on high bar and looked devastated.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back