Coaches Spring floor diagram for 4x8 panels (mostly)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MyrtleWarbler

Coach
Proud Parent
We are opening a new preschool/rec gym soon and we have a secondhand floor to assemble. It is in stacks of boards, some with the spring "cups" and some without. And, the board sizes vary! Most are 4'x8' plywood, with a smaller number that are 4'x6' or 3'x8 and even a couple 4'x7'. All the typical assembly diagrams I find online are for 5'x5' boards, offset squares, easy peasy. But I'm dealing with a puzzle!! Does anyone have any guidance or diagram for a 4'x8'-based configuration?? We were told it was a 42'x42' floor, but the math doesn't add up. But, it should be somewhere around "full size" and possibly it's not a perfect square.

This sounds like a geometry homework question! Honestly, it sounds like the original owners Frankenstein-ed their floor, and didn't bother writing instructions on how to set it up.

I would create a miniature version of what you're dealing with: cut a bunch of cardboard rectangles that are to scale (e.g. 4 in. x 8 in.), and then experiment with different configurations. You might not be able to replicate the exact configuration that the original owner used, but you can probably get pretty close.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back