Off Topic Star Wars: The Force Awakens (spoilers)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am probably one of the few people around here who remembers seeing Episode III in the theater when it first came out. Enjoyed this one greatly. There's just one thing -- was it only my family who saw Adam Driver and were like, "OMG, it's young Professor Snape!"?

I lovingly call him a cross between Snape and Murtagh from the (awful) Eragon movie!

I've discussed it with my flatmate and discovered my favorite character was his least favorite. Which then resulted in me avoiding the topic around him. Need. to. talk.

Well, folks, it's the 19th, . I am so glad that dd had an away meet to keep us busy for two days to keep my mind off of this thread!!!!!! MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

I always wanted to look like Princess Leia when I was a kid.

Maybe if Rey was a princess and wore a gold bikini they would have included her in more merchandise...

No disrespect to the Leia character, who was and remains awesome, but finally we have a heroine in Rey who stands alone (outside of the princess association) IS THE MAIN CHARACTER and yet my daughter can't even walk in to Disney or Target and buy an action figure doll of her character. Nope, only the male ones are offered in action figures. We only found Rey in the set of tiny figurines.

Maybe if Rey was a princess and wore a gold bikini they would have included her in more merchandise...

No disrespect to the Leia character, who was and remains awesome, but finally we have a heroine in Rey who stands alone (outside of the princess association) IS THE MAIN CHARACTER and yet my daughter can't even walk in to Disney or Target and buy an action figure doll of her character. Nope, only the male ones are offered in action figures. We only found Rey in the set of tiny figurines.
Wait, really?! You can't find action figures of Rey?! :eek: That's very surprising to me. How could they not have boat loads of different kinds of figures of her. She is the lead protagonist! :confused:

Dislike!

Wait, really?! You can't find action figures of Rey?! :eek: That's very surprising to me. How could they not have boat loads of different kinds of figures of her. She is the lead protagonist! :confused:

Dislike!

Right??? At first I told my daughter, "Oh, she must be the most popular, so maybe they are just out of Rey figures right now...." (even though I suspected not). She kept looking alllll around the store, and finally we asked an associate. The associate said, "Sorry we don't sell Rey action figures. A lot of people have been asking us that."

:mad::mad::mad: DUH, toy marketers!! :confused:o_O

Just look up #wheresrey for lots of this kind of frustration and commentary. It is so bad it has its own hashtag.

Eh I don't care for action figures but that's odd. Especially since she's the main protagonist.

Does anyone else actually like Snape boy? I have a thing for twisted, complicated characters, my flatmate however found him "pathetic and too weak". I've been pouting since he told me that.

Eh I don't care for action figures but that's odd. Especially since she's the main protagonist.

Does anyone else actually like Snape boy? I have a thing for twisted, complicated characters, my flatmate however found him "pathetic and too weak". I've been pouting since he told me that.

Yes, I do enjoy Kylo Ren. He seems like your average bad guy. Except he has anger issues. And well daddy issues.

Oh, yeah. I didn't even see the article. For me, it's just a wild guess. Because, being a Skywalker is just too obvious. Being a Kenobi makes the story more interesting and parallel.

Yes. I was able to rewatch it last weekend and I agree that it looks far more likely that Rey is a Kenobi than a Skywalker. If somehow Obi Wan had a daughter and Luke got together with her, that could be interesting, but if it's one or the other I'm on team Kenobi. Also, the Skywalker line is so prone towards turning to the dark side that I think it'd be better if she wasn't part of that line.

And how cool would it be for Luke to train Obi Wan's granddaughter!

Thankfully my daughters haven't wanted merchandise so far and I'm hoping the outrage leads to more Rey stuff in the next few months. She's the main character! It's ridiculous to leave her out of most merchandise.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back