Parents State Meet Report

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippersmom

DD had her state meet this weekend.

Ah, so nice to be done with L6! She finished great. Was 5th AA, and placed on all events! Her vault has improved so much, it was great to see her place on that. She was really disappointed with her beam. She has a much stronger beam than she performed, but finished 2nd on beam (by .025!). She has never placed lower than 2nd on beam all year. I think she just needed a moment to be sad, but is now looking forward to doing more backhandsprings on beam. Bars were good, her clearhip was lower than she has gotten it up to, but she was happy to finally be hitting the high bar cast. Floor was good, they were really looking for high tumbling which she lacks, but she still managed to place. She finished with a 36.075 and managed to place ahead of several girls in their second year at L6.

She may get to try a fun meet at L7 in early summer, so I guess it's still time to work hard. I guess I better start saving for the floor and beam routines! After that, off to a fun week (week 1) at IGC. I wish I was a kid again!

Awesome!!! way to go! Time to do the "no more compulsory music" dance :) Can't wait to hear how that fun meet goes.

Congratulations to her on a great meet and being done with compulsories! Yay. Have fun with level 7.

What a great way to move on to L7, great results and a nice week at IGC to look forward too. Lovely that she got to place on vault, shows her hard work in the gym is paying off.

This is one of those moments every gymnast long for from the beginning. Congrats on a great L6 states and best of luck at L7.

Congrats on a great meet!! Yay, to be done with L6 and have lots of fun getting ready for L7 :)

Sounds like she did great at L6 States! A 36 at Level 6 is quite an accomplishment! She must be super excited to move on to Level 7!

Congrats on such a great State meet! So awesome to place on all events! I bet she is beyond thrilled to be a L7 now, her own music and routines! Sounds like she'll have a busy but FUN summer!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back