Parents State meet this weekend also

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gym monkeys mom

Proud Parent
We also have state this weeknd. Ok we are in the same state as Kristilyn73 and Cathiann.

I am about as nervous as a mom could be. DD so wants to go to regionals. We only have 2 level 8's and her teammate really wants her tog with her.

DD will need a 34AA she can do this. She needs to hit all events. She usually ony has an issue with Bars. Bars are have always been the hardest event for her but she likes them go figure :). We need the squeeze tight fairy both on bars and tumbling.an

I could use those some fairies you are sending Kristilyn73 we will share the fairies as we will be at the same spot.

Thanks we will let you know how it goes. Oh by the way Regionals is the last day of our spring break 7.5 hours away.

Good luck!

We have states this weekend too! Actually, my dd and ds have states same day in cities about 1 1/2 hours away from each other. :mad: I really can't figure out why people thought it was a good idea to have the girls and boys state meet the same weekend.

Regionals in our area have boys and girls on the same weekend this season. I think it is due to Easter for our Regions while it does not affect me I know people it does and that is a bummer for familes.

Best wishes to your kids

We wish you all the best and will be sending thoughts to stay tight, shoulders back to be confident and smile!!:)

Good luck to your dd! Hopefully she will get her 34. I'd rather that than the way our States works Regionals. Regardless of AA, they take the top 8 in each age group. The top 6 make up the State team and the next 2 are part of the All-Star Team. they may take more if other States in our Region do not have enough to qualify because I do believe that you need a min of 34. I remember last yr when dd did L8 States, she scored over a 36, with 2 falls and didn't make it.

Don't put any pressure on her and tell her to just go do her best so regardless of her AA she can walk away knowing she did all she could do. Like I always say to dd whether you finish in last place or come out State Champion you still need to go to gym the next day and still work your tush off.

I am send positive pixie dust thoughts your way! ~*~*~*~*

Good luck to your dd! Hopefully she will get her 34. I'd rather that than the way our States works Regionals. Regardless of AA, they take the top 8 in each age group. The top 6 make up the State team and the next 2 are part of the All-Star Team. they may take more if other States in our Region do not have enough to qualify because I do believe that you need a min of 34. I remember last yr when dd did L8 States, she scored over a 36, with 2 falls and didn't make it.

Don't put any pressure on her and tell her to just go do her best so regardless of her AA she can walk away knowing she did all she could do. Like I always say to dd whether you finish in last place or come out State Champion you still need to go to gym the next day and still work your tush off.

I am send positive pixie dust thoughts your way! ~*~*~*~*

This is very similar to our state except they take the top 8 (in all age groups combined) and then 15 others for All Stars. (for L7 and L8) We have states this weekend but I don't think Morgan will make regionals. It looks like you will need at least a 36.8 (for All Stars) and at least a 37.00 for the regional team. She is scoring on the low end of 36 right now. But you never know either......

I am just ready for meet season to be over. LOL

Good luck this weekend---sending stay tight fairies and hit all 4 event fairies your way.

8 days until states here. In our state they take a % of each age group to send to regionals. Usually it works out to be the top 50%. It will be tough. Scores in gymmie's age group seem to run in the mid 36s to be in the top 1/2. Of course, every year is different.

Sending fairies for States this weekend to your daughter and all the other CB gymmies competing!

Good luck to her! I know she'll do great--we'll be there all day, so I can cheer her on too :). I'm hoping Beth qualifies for Regionals, even though her gym won't take her--I think that would give her a boost :

We are in a state the takes a percentage (somewhere around 45%) and then there are a few "at large" bids. My understanding is that the Regional officials know that there are age groups in which the competition is fierce. The top 3 or so (depending on the number of girls who qualified for state) automatically qualify for Regionals, then they combine all age levels and fill the "at large" bids with the highest AA scores that didn't automatically qualify.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back