Still a Gym Rat

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Mary Reiss Farias

Coach
Proud Parent
I was a gymnast for 17 years, which culminated in my receiving a scholarship to the University of Arizona to compete as a GymCat. After school, I coached for another 5 years. I still choreograph routines and coach a little bit. Now, I'm a writer and the author of the fictional children's book series called Gym Rats. Although I spent over half my life in the gym, I'm still not tired of the sport and need to stay involved. The Chalk Bucket seems like a great place to share and gather information about our great sport!

Mary Reiss
IrisBlu Home

Hi there! We are in AZ, too...up in the Phoenix area. My dd has already expressed her interest in competing for ASU someday (she has a coach on the team there-that's why...and she LOVES Sparky, lol!)

Welcome to the CB!!! :D

I'm excited to see another gym series on the market... I've considered ordering used copies of any older series (forget the name) that's out there for my daughter... it's sometimes hard to get my gymnast to read! I ordered a copy of your book. I think you'd be a great Chalk Bucket advertiser! I'm sure one of the moderators would be happy to tell you how it works.

Got the book for my daughter (age 10) and she loved it! But she read it in about an hour, so it seems it was a bit easy for her. I wish there was a gym series for tween-ish girls. Want to start a second series for slightly older girls?

I think that is a great idea! On the second book that's coming out in September I'm trying to "upgrade" the reading level just a little bit. But I think you're right; perhaps series concentrating on the tween gymnast might be better. Thank you for purchasing the book! Hopefully the upcoming book will keep her occupied for at least a little while longer!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back