WAG strength training for L8

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

mandy

Hello dear community!

Just for info - this is the account of my cousin :)

I have been a gymnast myself for a little more than 7 years. I started at age 8 and quit when I was 16. I did an exchange year and then everything was really busy with school, and boys...
tongue.png

At the time I quit, I was a Level 8 aiming for 9.
I am nearly 20 now and started getting back into "shape" again. I would like to get all my skills back in a year or so!

I am not studying in the USA, I am in Norway. They have really good gyms here but there is not really a team I can train with. But there is a really big open gym next to uni which you can go to 4 hours each afternoon. There is a warm-up togeteher of about an hours and then the people split up and everyone is working on their own skills, but there are about 10 coaches who help you. The warm-up is more plysometric stuff and passive and active flexibility, not so much strength.

That's why I decided to start working out on my own every second day after practice (I train 3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
I need to say, I am not aiming to ever get to Level10, I don't want to compete or anything, I just want to be as strong as a L8/9 gymnast needs to be in order to perform skills properly and prevent injuries.

I tried to remember how many pull-ups or leg lifts or Hollow Rocks I did as a competing gymnast - but I have no idea. I know that we did a lot of drills for the actual skills in our conditioning, such as chin levers etc. But I don't know anything else anymore!

So if there is a gymnastics coach or someone who know about gymnastics, please please give me a schedule of strength exercises with the sets and reps I should aim for for being a goof L8/9 gymnast!!

I need whole body workout: Arms, Legs, Stomach and Back!

I would really appreciate it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back