Parents Struggle with pirouette on bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom82773

Proud Parent
My 11 year old is a new level 9 , coming back from an injury . Bars is always her weakest event and her coach is getting frustrated with her . She is very inconsistent with the pirouette on the high bar. She struggled with that skill in level 8 as well . Any tips on making it better would be great !!

Thanks so much !!
She's doing great on all the other events . Her strongest is beam . Of course her coaches favorite is bars lol

Get stronger...here's a fun pirouette strength game...

The better their form and body line...the better the pirouette will get.

Also...lot's of floor bar work...

is she doing a release out of it? if so, then that could be the culprit. I have kids with great pirouettes but as soon as you add the release it goes bye bye for a bit. :)

JBS: thanks for the videos.

I didn't realize why my DD's group was doing the handstand obstacle course but it makes so much sense now. I thought the coach was just trying to add some fun challenge to the girls.

I'm not going to tell my DD that some coaches let the girls fall into the pit at the end. She just had to walk back down some stair steps. Falling into the pit looks WAY "funner."

is she doing a release out of it? if so, then that could be the culprit. I have kids with great pirouettes but as soon as you add the release it goes bye bye for a bit. :)

Yes...like the pirouette to "death bail" that everyone seems to throw at L9.

Yes...like the pirouette to "death bail" that everyone seems to throw at L9.
=
oh yea, got a bunch of pirouette to bails and paks.... I think I age an extra 5 years each season. the blind is so much easier, but.... you know how that goes.

Reactions: JBS
"Yes...like the pirouette to "death bail" that everyone seems to throw at L9."

LOL I have seen my share of this while waiting on my dd (not a level 9). Scary is an understatement!

Yes, she definitely is afraid of the overshot and has to "push " herself to do it . She still has an extra swing though between the pirouette and the overshoot . He has done it connected but not consistently . Her mental state isn't great either right now .

Yes, she definitely is afraid of the overshot and has to "push " herself to do it . She still has an extra swing though between the pirouette and the overshoot . He has done it connected but not consistently . Her mental state isn't great either right now .
===
yep, well there you go, she will continue to miss the pirouette until she gets comfortable with the bail. (not to mention,,,, you don't make the pirouette you don't do the bail... hmmm...)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back