Parents Stuck Beam, 1st time in 5 years!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok so I'm not sure if it has been 5 years, I would have to watch old videos but I'd say at least three since she has not fallen off beam at all! She did lose some connections and had some wobbles but so excited she stayed on! So proud that she got over that hump, not that she'll stick it every time now but she knows she can.
Bars was going great until she forgot (yes forgot) to let go for dismount which cost her all kinds of deductions including two falls, no dismount and value of dismount I think.
Vault was ok landed on her feet but then fell.
Floor was pretty good, one fall and out of bounds.
Needless to say after all that she hasn't qualified yet but she's improving. Up a point and a half from last meet and had 4 falls and 2 missing elements so as long as she can stay up and perform everything Friday (next meet) might be the day.

Coaches '13 - YouTube

Congrats! Beam is the nemesis of my L5 dd and the favorite for my L3 dd. I keep joking that my L5 needs superglue for beam! Just getting past that hump is great!

Thank you for posting this awesome video of your daughter.

It truly shows the realities of higher-level optionals: tough skills, tougher scoring and the serious perseverance and hard work of a talented gymnast.

Good luck Friday.

So happy that she stuck that beam routine!!!!! She reminds me of my DD the last couple years on beam (my DD is only a L6 so nothing like what your DD is doing)...but all that falling and wobbling, you just feel so sorry for them!!! How amazing that she pulled all those skills out for the "real" routine finally!!!!

Enjoyed your video, too. You must be so proud of her. I hope she has a great meet on Friday.

Thank you for posting this awesome video of your daughter.

It truly shows the realities of higher-level optionals: tough skills, tougher scoring and the serious perseverance and hard work of a talented gymnast.

Good luck Friday.

Thanks so much. It means a lot and helpse appreciate her struggles.

Her coach and I are great friends. He was just trying to prove to her that she is capable. At practice beam is one of her stronger events. I actually told him I was glad he did what he did.

Oh okay! It's hard to tell from video. She just looked so upset at bars. I hope she rocks her next meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back