Parents Tape/bracing rule for meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My dd has competed with a white knee brace, black KT tape, and I don’t remember what color her splint was when she did floor with broken fingers. :eek:

I don’t think it matters.
Thanks! My only experience was with my other daughter, whose coach insisted on things being tan. Glad it was just coach preference.

Reactions: sce
I asked the same question and discovered it can be any color. Coaches just like it to be flesh colored so that it draws less attention to the bracing and possible flaws. Bent knees on a knee that is braced, etc. Dd competes with tan wrist supports for floor and black ones for beam.

For T and T it used to have to be "skin colored." Which really makes no sense because no one's skin ever matched the brace colors. They changed it this quadrennial to all athletes can wear black, white, or tan/beige, but no other colors, so green/pink KT tape is out. Not sure how WAG is run, but I'm sure they have to have some kind of guidelines.

Our coaches VASTLY prefer tan/nude but will grudgingly allow black for competition. DD competed with black support on her leg last week because we have been unable to find a fitting nude one.

Thanks! My only experience was with my other daughter, whose coach insisted on things being tan. Glad it was just coach preference.
Yes, our dd's coach insists on the same thing, saying it's distracting if its white, but it really doesn't matter. I've seen black braces, rainbow-colored KT tape strapped in all kinds of patterns, white tape/braces, and tan colored tape/braces. It doesn't matter the color. The only rule is no hard casts for competition. This is a new rule, as gymnasts have competed with hard casts in the past. Now they have to be wearing a removable brace.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back