DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
Team colors have played a significant role throughout history when dealing with sports teams (and major corporations).

How do you feel about team colors?

Are team colors something that can change randomly every time a new team leo is ordered?

-or-

Is your team identity so ingrained in your clubs history that no one would ever design a new leo that was not your team colors.

Here are some fun links...

Mobile Color Matters

The History of the Coca

Our team seems to change colors every 2 years when they change Leos. I like the change.

Dd'd old gym fits into the catagory of NEVER changing team colors. Heck, they had the same EXACT leos for 10 years. Finally got a new design about 2 years ago and that was for optionals only. lol

All of our girls' team leos have purple and black (different styles for AAU, compulsories, and optionals.). The boys uniforms have teal and white.

Our team stays with the same colors, but we've gotten new leos every couple years with new designs. This way, the designs are current but there is no need for new warm ups or team bags. As a parent, I really appreciate that!

Our colors stay the same. I sort of wish they'd change once in a while. New competition leos in the same old colors gets boring.

I think the team colors are pretty entrenched at our gym. Even though the gym is fairly new, I would expect to come back in 20 years and find the same team colors.

We change leo design every 2 years, and we don't have a real specific color, but they seem to always be some variation of blue. Optional and compulsory girls get the same leo....the only difference is that the optional leos are long-sleeved and the compulsory leos are tank leos.

New design every 2 years with same colors. Different designs for optionals vs compulsories.

Same here. But our newest team members, what will be the L2s have a tank leo rather than a long sleeved leo for competitions. Then all the other compulsory teams have a long sleeved leo and the optionals have a totally differently designed long sleeved leo.

But always the same colors and always a lifespan of two years.

I prefer set color schemes. Dd's gym had the same colors for several years and then made a color change. I still can't get used to it. It is like when a professional sports team attempts to change their colors or logo.

Our colors evolve a bit, but there's always commonalities. I guess it's more that our leos evolve than our colors...so if a kid only has an old leo they still blend (joys of T&T--you don't all have to have exactly the same leo).

My previous gym did a very dramatic switch (owner chose against the wishes of all the team parents, all the team kids, and the team coaches). It was like "ack can't cope noooo" from pretty much everyone. This would be hilarious if it wasn't sad--that gym had a looooong history with its previous colors & everyone was very attached.

We have set colors...boys and girls teams are both the same color. It is very entrenched in our gym, so I don't see it changing.

They will never change our gym's colors. They are the same for both boys and girls. They've been the same for 25+ years, as far as I know. They change the leo style every couple of years, though.

They will never change at our gym! Teal and Black. But the Leo's change every 2 years for the artistic, every year(cheaper Leo) for the rec compulsory and every 2years for rec optionals. Design changes, colors stay the same.

Here the leos are always in the club colours, for example some of our local clubs use red/black, navy/red/white, blue/white, black/gold, green/gold, maroon/black/gold. New leos may be designed every few years, but always using the same club colours. It isn't boring because the new leo designs look totally different from the old ones.

My daughter's club has 4 colours and the leos change every few years, but they always feature 2 or more of the team colours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using ChalkBucket mobile app

We aren't a gym team, we're a National Team, so our colours will always be blue, black and gold as those are the colours on the Barbados flag.

My teams colors are navy and silver, and they haven't changed leos in many years. I love the leotard choice, but my friend that had been there longer than me said that these were the same for 6-7 years. It's good because the parents don't have to pay for a 200 dollar leotard every new season, but if this ever changed, us 16 year olds who pay for classes, leotards, and gym usage ourselves are going to have to quit because of cost.

What about the excel girls' leos? Do your gyms have them get the leos that the compulsories have, or the ones that the optionals have?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back