WAG The boot has been banished! (Cheetah heel cup question....)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

StringBean'sMom

Proud Parent
DD is finally free from the dreaded boot after 3 weeks - with all the potential injuries in the gym, she manages to crack the growth plate in her heel jumping into the pool! :-/

We discussed the possibility of developing Severs with her doc and he agreed that it could become an issue now that she has made the growth plate "angry." Even though there was an actual trauma, he considers her injury a subset of Severs. She practiced last night and everything still feels fine -yay! I'm thinking about trying the Cheetah heel cups for practice but was wondering if anyone had any experience with how they fit a really really narrow foot. She is a nightmare to buy shoes for, everything is always too wide. I think most of her shoes have some sort of extra pad or insert to make them fit right! The Cheetah looks to just slide on the foot like an ankle brace, and I'm wondering if it'll be more of a danger to her if it doesn't fit nice and snug.

So if anyone has used these and has some thoughts on how they might fit a super narrow foot, I'd love some insight!

I have pretty normal width feet, and when I used those heel cups they were super tight, so they should be fine. The only issue was that it would slip up my ankle when I slid into a split, an easy way to prevent any slippage is to just wrap some tape on the top ankle part and bottom foot part.

It will be fine. My daughter is the same way. Just make sure to measure correctly for fit. We just got out of a cast on the 7th from a broken growth plate, so I feel your pain!!

Proud Level 8 momma!

Thanks for the info! I figure I'll see how the next few weeks go, but it can't hurt to be a little proactive.
It was a long 3 weeks, but I'm glad it wasn't longer! She did remarkably well and managed to adjust her practice around what she was allowed to do - which meant a lot of time on the bars! She was even managing to do some kips in the boot, (albeit not-so-pretty kips) Hopefully she can be smart and ease back into things now that she is "free"

I hate my cheeta cups they slide all around on my foot and make me slip and fall and really just annoy me, I won't be wearing them anytime soon tho cause now I'm in a boot for 3 weeks

I do think they sell a cheetah with a heel cup.

Read on her previous threads about both sole impact and cheetah's first! DD has had them for years and puts them on occasionally and does tape them!! They have saved her and she spent 9 weeks in a boot. After not tumbling for a bit once back at it feet get sore after a bit.

Good luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back