The English

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Do you know I was just thinking if there was something wrong with the bar set up- lots of low scores and seems like a few falls.

Hope everyone's ok..

Beckie's ok. They've waited until boys finished and have rebuilt the bars where the high bar was.

Still unnerving for the girls waiting to compete though.

Do you know I was just thinking if there was something wrong with the bar set up- lots of low scores and seems like a few falls.

Hope everyone's ok..
From my limited experience of looking at gym scores, the bar scores seemed low yesterday too, with quite a few falls.

She doesn't compete floor.

What would they do about her bars score? Surely if she'd got as far as dismount it isn't fair to make her do it again due to faulty equipment? Does she get to re-mount and do the dismount, or is that routine null and void? There's no score up for her.

She has to be one of the most unlucky gymnasts

She doesn't compete floor.

What would they do about her bars score? Surely if she'd got as far as dismount it isn't fair to make her do it again due to faulty equipment? Does she get to re-mount and do the dismount, or is that routine null and void? There's no score up for her.

She has to be one of the most unlucky gymnasts
It looks like she's either re-done the whole thing or the dismount but she's showing 14.35 for her bar scores now.

You'd have hoped all equipment would be thoroughly checked before during and after events, but glad no one was hurt.

Just skimmed through the results and pleased to see the girls from DDs gym placed very well. Looking forward to seeing what happens at the British now for them.

Most people only did one vault, so that score goes to their AA total, but doesn't qualify them for a vault score.

If you do two different vaults the first one counts to your AA total and then the score of both of them is averaged and that is your vault score.

So presumably only 6 people did 2 vaults...

We just got home. I fear my backside may have permanently changed shape.

The situation with the bars was quite odd. Funnily enough, having watched so many falls before Becky Downie stepped up, I was wondering if the bars were jinxed. When that chain went BANG, the whole place drew breath.

I particularly enjoyed Kelly Simm today, and Lisa Mason looked wonderful, too. Ruby Harrold is just a force.

The happy upshot of the bars scenario is that we got to see a little bit of the juniors in warm up on the podium. I'm very excited for the comp tomorrow. But this time, I'm taking a pillow for my bum.

I was pleased to see Jessica Coombes up there too, wasnt she a compulsory phenom, then quit- anyone know how long for?

I thought Emily Crowe scored really well considering she only competes 3 pieces

Yes she did I noticed that. Wonder if she will be back on 4 pieces for the British . Beckie Downie also scored well. Amazing to come 26 on 3 scores. She is fantastic.

Lots of the new seniors like Jade Armstrong and Natasha Raymond Jayadev right up there which is great and I admit I am stoked to see Jessica Coombs back. I was sorry when she stopped competing, she was a great little gymnast.

I was pleased to see Jessica Coombes up there too, wasnt she a compulsory phenom, then quit- anyone know how long for?

Somewhere there was an article about it but can't remember where. She is at uni now I believe and trains at notts. I might be wrong but I think she got fed up in her early teens and stopped but wished she hadn't .

Here you go it was on the couch gymnast

http://www.thecouchgymnast.com/jessicas-story-part-one/

Georgia-Mae's bars were stunning this afternoon, really beautiful. And I loved Ellie Downie's floor. Catherine Lyons' fall off bars was unfortunate and seemed as much a surprise to her as everyone else. I loved her beam work and that floor moves me every time. Tye Mattis was formidable, even just walking around during yesterday's comp. She manages to command your eye, even with so much going on in one room. I always love Amy Tinkler too and I thought April Maslen was gorgeous today.

Hannah Whelan is carrying an injury at the moment so she was rested. I don't know whether she will be right for the British but I hope she is.

April Maslen is very elegant, I like her too. What did Catherine fall on? Ty is great isn't she, she will have no problem standing up to be counted on a world stage next year.

Now junior Euros are going to be very exciting for GB is everyone is healthy. Great choice of girls. Could they medal? I think they are capable. Wasn't planning to go but wish I was!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back