Parents The meet report - a funny one

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'll begin with Biiger Bog Baby, BBB1, as she was on Friday at four. THere were 40 girls in the group, they had medals 1-3 and ribbons 4-8, so they were like gold dust.

Bars was nice, she had all the elements. She got an 11.2.

Beam, lovely routine, except for the fall on the full turn, she got an 11.8, the fall was 1.0, she would've placed 1st without the fall and she was proud of that.

Tramp was just okay, 10.2, lower than usual

On to Bitty Baby Bog, BBB2, , she was only supposed to compete beam at the comp as that is all she had qualified to do. (not score based, only x number of kids go from each of the 19 regions of Quebec) Usually we have 5 apparatus, but this time there were 6, the 6th being tumbling. Our girls don't train or compete it, but the coach soon found out that the girls could compete it. The other clubs put in their 5 strongest girls and she got the 6th position. THe other two girsl from our club do not have BHS yet. She warmed up the tumbling. RO BHS and then RO BHS BHS BHS, that was going to be tough as she never does more than the RO BHS that isd in her routine and they train so few hours uptraining rarely happens.

On to the meet. She gets to beam and does quite a nice routine, until that cartwheel and falls off. She scores an 10.7, not bad with a fall. Her routine was much improved and she seems happy.

Then onto tumbling, she is pretty much last in her group to go, I hadn't been watching the score so I have no idea what is good or bad for tumbling. She does very well, the 3rd BHS looks a bit laboured, but I was amazed how well she did. 11.9

Onto the medals, there were 100 girls in the meet and 47 in her group aged 11-12.

BBB2 didn't place on beam, but I knew that was going to be the case. Tumbling was the last award handed out for the meet and they went through all the names and then the two coaches turned and looked at me from the floor and started holding up one finger and I'm a bit confused. Then they called out 1st place, BBB2!!! I didn't have my camera out, and I was totally gobsmacked as was BBB2 who kind of sat there gawping.

She got to recieve her first ever gold at a meet and it was on something she has never trained for. She was very happy.

At this meet the 19 regions of Quebec compete against each other for a trophy and title and our region was announced as the winner. THe 10 girls were thrilled, especially the two from our club who didn't place. What a thrill to be part of the winning region.

Drove home, got the traditional Oreo McFlurry.:D

Congrats to both girls and the team :). Wow that was so cool since it was sooo unexpected--hope someone had the camera out for the pic. The coaches must have been pleased as well!

Wow, how awesome for BBB2 and her teammates! WTG!! :D

Gotta love those McFlurries!

Good job girls!!

I'm so happy for BBB2 :D
Is this something she is going to compete for now on?

This is such a feel good story...gotta love it!!

If she repeats the level then she will still be able to compete tumbling as one of the six apparati. But to be honest training less than nine hours a week and trying to fit all that in will be a challenge.

If she goes up to Provincial gymnastics she will focus on the 4 apparatus.

I think she would benefit from repeating, but that is not what she wants.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back