Off Topic The Olympic Torch - Updated with pics and video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

On Wedndesday the Olympic Torch will be coming to Mont Tremblant and the girls and I will be playing hookey to go see the ceremonies. I have never seen this and the girls are excited. We won't be able to go to the Olympics as it is Vancouver as there are not tickets or hotels rooms to be had, we will enjoy celebrating this way though!

Last edited:
Yes the torch has been run all over Canada, including in the far north, it has been paddled in canoes and flown on small planes. It was so cold in the Far North that they had to use a miners lantern to stop the flame going out. Canada is so vast that they began the run many weeks back. I will try to get some pics to upload.

I will get some pics from the earlier legs and they are amazing to see.

bogwoppit-albums-olympic-flame-picture2460-surf.jpg

bogwoppit-albums-olympic-flame-picture2459-native.jpg

bogwoppit-albums-olympic-flame-picture2458-far-north-torch-run.jpg

I was at the celebration for one of the first stops! It was a very cool way to be part of the experience. I was supposed to be a volunteer at the figure skating but am now teaching full-time so I can't volunteer anymore :(

It is about -5c and snowing very hard, we are aupposed to get 35cm's by tonight. The drive to gym later will be HORRIFIC!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back