Parents things are starting to click

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

magymmom

Proud Parent
So glad to see that things are coming together for dd. Full is doing great after finally figuring the twisting out, landed front handspring, front layout, front tuck on floor for the 1st time this week, beam is great, finally figuring out the flipping of vault. Now we just need a clearhip to handstand and it is getting there all the girls in her training group of level 8 through 10 are giving her advice and encouragement:) I think we will be ready to go in Jan.

Happy for you - sounds exciting!
Great that teammates are supportive, as well.

Thanks, we are very excited and to top it off she made 2 clearhip to handstands at practice tonight:)

Making 2 clear hips is a big deal, well making 2 of any new skill is a big deal, because at that instant she may have realized that......

a. Her coach isn't completely crazy after all.

b. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, especially when thinking a skill will never come along in time.... if ever.

c. Making two may just lead to making four, and then six, and then to the point of being able to polish it.

Thanks for sharing about your daughter reaching closer to her goals! My DD made some strides this week as well, just when a week or two ago, she was having some doubts. Isn't it such a relief!? Best wishes to her this upcoming season! Ours starts in December.

Thanks for sharing about your daughter reaching closer to her goals! My DD made some strides this week as well, just when a week or two ago, she was having some doubts. Isn't it such a relief!? Best wishes to her this upcoming season! Ours starts in December.
Good luck to you guys this season as well. My dd works hard to get skills, she usually gets them but frustration sets in cause it takes longer and she has to work harder at them then some of her teammates. I tell her not to compare but that is hard for an almost 13 year old.

Making 2 clear hips is a big deal, well making 2 of any new skill is a big deal, because at that instant she may have realized that......

a. Her coach isn't completely crazy after all.

b. Sometimes it's nice to be wrong, especially when thinking a skill will never come along in time.... if ever.

c. Making two may just lead to making four, and then six, and then to the point of being able to polish it.
I sure hope it turns into making more and more, funny thing is that she came out of gym and said I just need to get mad more often cause she got so mad at herself for not making them that she then made them.

Good luck to you guys this season as well. My dd works hard to get skills, she usually gets them but frustration sets in cause it takes longer and she has to work harder at them then some of her teammates. I tell her not to compare but that is hard for an almost 13 year old.
Thanks!! My DD has had the skills come rather easily up till this point, but now training optionals, with the skills getting harder, she's hit some challenges. That's been somewhat of a challenge for her. It's all about self discovery in this sport. They are constantly learning about how they can make something work, when it seems impossible!!

I sure hope it turns into making more and more, funny thing is that she came out of gym and said I just need to get mad more often cause she got so mad at herself for not making them that she then made them.

It's funny, well maybe not, how a coach can watch a kid and know they aren't "embracing" the correction or just can't decide when the time is right to make the change the correction is is all about. Getting mad is one way to get there.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back