WAG Three passes in L6?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

she dangled the back leg. and her coaches says she needs crisper movement. she is making progress. thanks for the kind remarks everyone.

just so everyone knows it is ok is everyone knows who we/she is. hiding is silly and i like to share and view kids specially ones I have some interest in.

she dangled the back leg. and her coaches says she needs crisper movement. she is making progress. thanks for the kind remarks everyone.

just so everyone knows it is ok is everyone knows who we/she is. hiding is silly and i like to share and view kids specially ones I have some interest in.
Hah, i would have no idea who she is or how to find out. I am one of the weird ones who (no offense to any of you out there) doesnt care nor has the time to even try to figure it out. I have enough trouble trying to figure put what my own kid is doing with this sport. Lol.

It's a cute routine, nice tumbling. She is young and talented, I think she would benefit from some dance classes, not just for the arms and legs mentioned above but the posture as well. Her dance skills will really improve and her back will be more protected with a change in posture.

She hates dance unless she is doing so cray whip and nae nae stuff. Over the summer the girls had/have 45 minutes a day of ballet everyday. She does tend to walk around with her but in the air. Like a cat I used to have.

Her passes are full, ROBHSBL then FHSFT and the music is 1:07. I personally would cut out the full and chop the music a few seconds. HC said it’s because she’s not super dancy but is very powerful. She’s only 9 and did very well at L4 last season (nothing lower than 36.7, which is great for this area) so I think they are thinking long term and prepping her for L7. That’s interesting that you NY guys are seeing three in L7. I feel like it’s mostly two here. Maybe Upstate is even more late to the game. Lol thanks everyone! Great perspectives. :)
I didn’t think a full was allowed in lv 6. Could they possibly be planning on her competing a lv 7 or lv 8? I could be way wrong about the full being allowed in lv 6, but who knows!

Reactions: sce
I didn’t think a full was allowed in lv 6. Could they possibly be planning on her competing a lv 7 or lv 8? I could be way wrong about the full being allowed in lv 6, but who knows!
She’s doing a back full which I believe is a B. I think a front full is a C, so you would be correct that it would not be allowed in L6. But I am not the expert, so someone please correct me if I’m wrong!

My dd has always had higher tumbling than most for a level. Level 7 she had 3 passes - and scored well. Level 8 she had 3 passes including a double full (didn’t see many of those at 8) she was state and regional champ. Last year as a 9 she competed a double pike and whip double full and whatever her front pass was (I can’t remember). She was 2nd at eastern nationals. This year as a 10 she will add a 2.5 to punch front and front layout rudi.
Since she is a powerful tumbler, coaches have always had the future in mind each year. Having a year of double pike under her belt as a 9 gives her a leg up this year. I think it depends on the kid and playing to their strengths.

She hates dance unless she is doing so cray whip and nae nae stuff. Over the summer the girls had/have 45 minutes a day of ballet everyday. She does tend to walk around with her but in the air. Like a cat I used to have.
She needs to learn to pull in her hips and pelvis. It is putting strain on her lower back to always be tilted like that. As well it a makes it difficult to get a proper leg position. If not through dance, she may benefit from some physical therapy. Her gymnastics will look so much better if she learns to fix this.

Our gym, and in general our region more and more, only does 2 passes up until L9. KISS (tongue in cheek!)! I know the thinking is that less is more, and doing more than the requirements is inviting deductions. You don't NEED more than 2 passes all the way through L8. DD is L8, and her as well as all her teammates only have 2 passes, and that is what we mainly see at meets (even our travel meets).
I cannot think of a single legit reason to have more than 2 passes in L6...

She needs to learn to pull in her hips and pelvis. It is putting strain on her lower back to always be tilted like that. As well it a makes it difficult to get a proper leg position. If not through dance, she may benefit from some physical therapy. Her gymnastics will look so much better if she learns to fix this.

Talked to her coach last night he is working on her pelvic tilt as well as presentation. He has only had her for 5 months.

Thinking anatomy and muscle insertion and origin it seems to tilt the pelvis you need to stretch the back and shorten the abs.

Reactions: sce
2 for lvl 6. ROBT and a FT. i guess her 3rd "pass" was a RO straddle jump. in lvl 7 she will also only do 2. ROBLO and FTFT. most of the 7s have their fulls and i was disappointed to hear that none of them will be doing them in floor routines b/c our gym is keeping it to 2 passes b/c they said last year's 7s were getting tired = more deductions. i guess my dd could do a ROFull instead of a RO straddle jump at the end. she comes out of her FTFT, turns and goes right into that. it's the very last skill at the end of the routine though and she has the RO jump down well. so i guess i'll have to wait another year to see the full in her routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back