Tic toc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

xrachx

Coach
Proud Parent
Trying to find out the element penalties for a tic toc (grade 5 floor). In particular, what deductions are there for the free leg not remaining at vertical?

DDs free leg generally ends up dipping down, sometimes down to as low as 10 degrees (if 90 degrees is leg at vertical) so almost parallel to the floor (foot never touches floor). She's tried it with someone holding her leg at vertical but she can't seem to get the power to kick back over.

We're 2 weeks away from grades now so think she's mentally preparing that she will get a deduction for it as chances are she won't get it perfect in time, but curious as to how bad the deduction will be.

Any help will be appreciated!

In the grades plan it says, value 0.5,
element penalties, as COP,
failure in kick/ to lift back up to stand 1.0 (fall).

Not hugely helpful

Yeah that's all I've got too. Looked in COP and unless I'm missing something, I can't see any penalties :/

lol @Iwannabemargo

No secret documents as far as I'm aware...

However - to me, a tic-toc originates as a split handstand - the code of points requires 180 degree split for there to be no deductions (section 9, page 3) It looks as if there can be up to 0.3 deduction for lack of split.

In a perfect tic-toc the gymnast should retain 180 degree split throughout (very hard to do!)
There would also, I imagine, be deductions for shoulder angle as in range and conditioning.

Having said all of that, I may be 100% wrong, but that's the best assumption I can make based on the information provided!

I would concentrate on full splits and straight legs , nice toes and leaning on the shoulders. The leg will stay up then anyway and be able to lift over.

Leg waving is probably not a big deduction (loss of control really maybe 0.2 I don't know) but to do it you have to lose the split and that is definitely a deduction.

Thanks everyone :)
Judging seems so fluffy at times lol. Hopefully it'll just be 0.3, as she has lovely form otherwise (well, except an occasional 0.1 knee bend when she's not concentrating!)

Not sure about the deduction, but if her free leg is dipping uncontrollably, it is probably related to other problems in the tick tock (such as a closed shoulder angle or lack of shoulder/back flexibility which makes her weight shift forward).

Oh it's definitely her shoulders at fault, incredibly tight. Working with a sports therapist to help with that but it's a long long journey.

The element penalties for a tic tic include lack of split (0.1 / 0.3 depending on how great the lack of split is - I'd say 0.3 from what you're describing) and body alignment (shoulders).

Plus any bent arm / bent leg / flexed foot deduction etc

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back