Tiger Paws need help

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBee97

Proud Parent
Ok DD is in need of new Tiger Paws. She weighs 115 lb

The small size tiger paws are for 69-115 lb
and the Med size are for 116-150 lbs

I'm thinking I should get her the Med ones as she is still growing but she has wrists that are small with bigger hands (thus the need for extra wrist support).

Ok coaches who know - Small or Med.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Dunno!! With that extra small wrist it is hard to figure out what will be the best fit sometimes.

go for the smalls. i weigh 135 pounds and i have mediums and they are big on me and i wish i got the smalls

just ordered first tiger paws for dd
hop they are as good as they SEEM to be from others comments
are they miraculous?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

There not a miraculous thing but they can help wrists. It depends on what reason you are using them. My DD a few years ago had a slight overuse issue with her left wrist after a visit to the Dr she recommended using the tiger paws as my DD's wrists are small for the size of her hands etc. She has been using them for floor and vault since and has been pain free. So they worked for her.

ordered some and fingers crossed
dd also small wrists!
injury atm after its healed hopefully the supports will help prevent further ones!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

the Med ones arrived and they fit her hand just fine. You think she recived the holy grail - it doesn't take too much to excite a gymnast I guess LOL

Funny you are talking about small wrists...I was just commenting about that re: my daughter's small wrists. Hers are tiny and she is still in 00 grips (she is 12 1/2)

We were at the orthopedist a few days ago and he xrayed her wrists because she says they hurt and he was concerned she might have what he called 'gymnast's wrists' which he was happy she did not.

I asked him about tiger paws as she is currently using wrist supports from CVS per her coach's suggestion.

Interestingly, he said he did not like to see any gymnast go into tiger paws unless absolutely necessary. He said they become dependent on them and their wrists actually become weaker. he instead is having her go to PT for her wrists and wants to see her strengthen them that way (and was fine to have her use the CVS wrist supports)

So I'll definitely go with what he says because certainly I want her to have strong wrists!

Always go with what your DR says. Just note that DR's disagree on this. My Daughters DR said the opposite on the Tiger paws with regard to making wrists weak and wished all gymnasts used them. My DD used the CVS type too but it just didn't do it. The tiger paws worked for her. Everyone is different

Definitely reading this (and other) threads realize doctors are on both sides on this issue (and others, I'm sure!) I've seen that with other injuries my daughter has had....some more conservative...some less so.

We'll see how it goes with PT and our follow up in a few months.

Only drawback I see with CVS ones are that she is on her second pair as the velcro seems to die quickly!

they do die quickly My son used the cvs type too the brand we found that lasted the longest was Mueller Wraparound Wrist Support they went for about $8 - $10 I think we got them actually at Walgreens. Usually lasted the season.

EpALksjCLrSnTy2NqOtcFm9dSsz6LaQ1eg90oQFA9XscXhAQSMsuVA3xcskXxe-ekZ1Y7UUqyuTsDz7uSHclJiHbLFj0Zv7VFeg62tFqOAV-6mIWFDjYPfl6Hb0EP6U1emvBrsBf9uAF-OFSKelqsnVF1ApdhPYfRbHiFILH9hhDVgjeyMBnhAQkDRk7iYg811zo3hxxq1Wu49SFbnIrbEc2eXe37m-RAROBsAw7DhAHiGt-SzSNQ_Sv-DJYbRmZQi5e3kIuAv3_8cQgGDsowlZ10JfrbsdlX2g

[h=1][/h]

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back