Parents Top things posted on a gym parent's Facebook page (for fun)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.

profmom

Proud Parent
In seeing my own and my friends' pages, I've noticed some common themes in what gets posted on gym parents' pages by non-gym people . . .

1. That video of the amazing woman in her 80s doing pbars and/or floor.
2. "Oh my G-D, she/he is GOING TO THE OLYMPICS!" (usually a comment on a L4 floor routine).
3. Paul Hunt videos.
4. Grumpy article about how kids are too involved in sports these days with passive aggressive tags.
5. "Oh my G-D, she/he is so incredibly strong!" (usually a comment on something like a handstand).
6. "At least he/she will have more time to just be a kid without all that practice" (usually a comment on a photo of grumpy child in a boot or cast)

Others?

We love #3 around here. I also get lots of hair tips/videos- as if I have any choice in how I do their hair. Ha!

Last season I got the LSU senior with the very wild floor routine all. the. time. As someone who isn't a particular fan of her style, that got old so fast.

I've squelched the Olympic thing so many times that I don't hear that much. I keep a small friend list so I am pretty close to everyone on my Facebook page. Every now and then one will slip in, but mostly I get "she's so good" but just kind of laugh because there is no knowledgeable basis to that comment.

I never see anything that is critical of the sport. Probably because so many of my friends are also gym people . LOL

How about "Is she going to be a cheerleader when she gets older?" Dear god, I certainly hope not.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back