Coaches Tramp and tumble mobility skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am a trampoline and tumbling coach in the U.K and i know that in the US there are mobility skills for each level( as well as a mobitiy score) and I was wondering what the level 4 and 5 skills are for both trampoline and tumbling( as I coach the equivilent levels),
thanks

Since 4 isn't a commonly competed level they don't test mobility skills to go to 5 or need a mobility score.

5 to 6, I don't think we've ever formally tested the skills (so i don't know what they are, except a backdrop pullover to stomach).

But the routines are:

Trampoline-
4: Straddle jump
seatdrop
half turn to seat
front drop
return to feet
tuck jump
jump full twist
pike jump
back drop
return to feet.

5: Back drop
pullover
straddle jump
front drop
seat drop
half turn to feet
pike jump
jump half turn
tuck jump
front tuck.

Double mini:
(2 of 3 options)
4: Mounter tuck jump dismount straddle jump
spotter jump full turn dismount straddle jump
spotter tuck jump dismount jump full turn

5: Mounter straddle jump dismount pike jump
spotter tuck jump dismount front tuck
spotter pike jump dismount front pike

Tumbling:
4: Power hurdle roundoff 1 BHS
power hurdle roundoff 2 BHS

5: Power hurdle roundoff 2 BHS
Running roundoff 4 BHS

Thank you for you reply, i beleive i had previously found the routine on usag, is there anywhere on the website where the mobitiy skills are, also do most clubs not use the mobility skills

The mobility skills are buried somewhere in the program info that I am pretty sure is not on the site. For 7-8 at one point they wanted a cody, and I KNOW most of the 8s in my area can't do a cody. My region has had a fairly recent shake up as far as who's in charge of what (and my state is tiiiiiiiiiiiiiny in T&T terms) so I'm not sure if they're treated as guidelines/'things to be working' everywhere or just in this part of the world.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back