WAG trials meet up Friday 8th July - parade tickets giveaway

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As for places to meet. Just across 87 from the venue are a ton of great restaurants. Amicis pizzeria and Old Spaghetti Factory would be good family friendly choices. Back-a-Yard Carribean is the best (note on this one, even if not used for the meet-up, eat here at some point. The food is fantastic) And for dessert, Cream. They make cookies and ice cream. You choose which cookie and ice cream flavor a for the most amazing ice cream sandwich.

Great suggestions, will try the Back a Yard with hubby. Looks fab.

Not really thinking of meeting for a meal. More an informal meet up, it might be more of a 4pm at a particular spot. I think most people really want to see what is there and move on to enjoying the stuff that is there and then get to their seats.

Great suggestions, will try the Back a Yard with hubby. Looks fab.

Not really thinking of meeting for a meal. More an informal meet up, it might be more of a 4pm at a particular spot. I think most people really want to see what is there and move on to enjoying the stuff that is there and then get to their seats.
Maybe at the outside events would work then. Just not sure exactly how it will all be arranged to pick a spot to meet though.

Definitely try Back-a-Yard. I did not know they were in San Jose too.

Even if you don't have a car you could take the train up to San Francisco. The San Jose Diridon Station is walkable from the venue for Olympic Trials (essentially directly across the street). Takes about 1.5 hours to get from San Jose to San Francisco by train and it's a fairly walkable city and/or public transit friendly place.

I'm in for a meet-up. My husband may or not be able to attend depending on the final time that is decided :)

Thanks for the info on the train! We will defiantly be going now! I want to see the Full House house!

Reactions: sce
Talked to the SAP Stadium people. Doors will open at 4.30pm on the 8th for a 5:30pm Start. There is nothing in the SAP that will work and outside will be mobbed with people enjoying the events in the park adjacent.

I have found the place below, it is a two minute walk from the SAP, and right by the Diridon light rail station, so very easy for access. I have emailed the manager to check how a group meet up would work for them. It has great reviews and outdoor space. Hopefully this will be the perfect meet up spot.

http://www.poorhousebistro.com/index.html

Will post the time when I hear back from the manager.

As for places to meet. Just across 87 from the venue are a ton of great restaurants. Amicis pizzeria and Old Spaghetti Factory would be good family friendly choices. Back-a-Yard Carribean is the best (note on this one, even if not used for the meet-up, eat here at some point. The food is fantastic) And for dessert, Cream. They make cookies and ice cream. You choose which cookie and ice cream flavor a for the most amazing ice cream sandwich.

Cream is about the best thing in Cali. Seriously. If there is anyone else going that deals with dietary restrictions? They have GF cookies, GF and vegan cookies, and dairy free ice cream choices. And they change gloves/ have a solid cross-contamination protocol. Plus, it's ALL delicious. Heaven!

Cream is about the best thing in Cali. Seriously. If there is anyone else going that deals with dietary restrictions? They have GF cookies, GF and vegan cookies, and dairy free ice cream choices. And they change gloves/ have a solid cross-contamination protocol. Plus, it's ALL delicious. Heaven!
Do you have any other suggestions in the San Francisco/San Jose area for GF food? We are going for our first time and my daughters and I all have celiac. We will definitely be checking out Cream (probably more than once!!)!

Do you have any other suggestions in the San Francisco/San Jose area for GF food? We are going for our first time and my daughters and I all have celiac. We will definitely be checking out Cream (probably more than once!!)!
I wish I could help, but we've only driven down to San Jose three times in two years. We live in the East Bay (San Jose is the South Bay). I can say that In & Out Burger will make a lettuce wrapped burger that's worth eating and their fries are gf too (and their shakes!). For coffee I would use Peets, a local CA chain- I've had nothing but bad luck at Starbucks. Hopefully someone who lives down there can chime in (for me too).

I wish I could help, but we've only driven down to San Jose three times in two years. We live in the East Bay (San Jose is the South Bay). I can say that In & Out Burger will make a lettuce wrapped burger that's worth eating and their fries are gf too (and their shakes!). For coffee I would use Peets, a local CA chain- I've had nothing but bad luck at Starbucks. Hopefully someone who lives down there can chime in (for me too).

Too late to edit- C.R.E.A.M (cookies rule everything around me) is a chain. I've never been to the San Jose location, but I've been to three others and have had a universally good experience.

A lot of places have a gluten free menu. I have no idea how good they are about cross contamination etc. maybe Google gluten free restaurant San Jose,

Okay the location is booked. We have the back terrace of the Pour House bistro, cajun food. Good music and literally a two minute walk to the SAP.

Time 3:30pm. Currently we have room for 30, I will check numbers a week out and confirm with them. SAP doors open at 4:30 for a 5:30 meet start time.

I will have the group name as The Chalkbucket, to make it easy to ask for the group. Not like I am telling you my real name. Haha!

http://www.poorhousebistro.com/

91 s Autumn Street, San Jose.

Last edited:
Have fun everyone...very cool!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back