WAG twisted splits........

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey, i can get down in right leg splits without any pain. I got told at training that my back leg was twisting. I am supposed to fix it over summer break but i have been practacing every day and nothing is happening! I am getting really frustrated and really need someones help!! Please suggest any exercises or videos!

Don't go down as far. Go down as far as you can keeping your knee under and hips square. Practice this often and you should be able to get down eventually with square hips.

Put pillows underneath you until you can stretch comfortably (i.e. no pain) in splits with squared hips and knee turned underneath. Gradually remove pillows or use thinner ones until you can get all the way down in the right position.

Work on stretching your hip flexor muscles individually (not just in the splits). Another major thing: STRETCH BOTH WAYS! Just because you are trying to get your right splits doesn't mean ignore the left splits.

My DD had this same problem last year from a previous gym allowing "cheating splits" and a growth spurt. Once she "broke down" the components of the splits, stretching right/left hip flexor and right/left hamstrings....and gave equal stretching time to splits both ways, she got better results.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back