Update on DD-The Nutcracker performances were Awesome!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi All,

I just wanted to stop by and give an update on Dani's ballet and dance since quitting gym. Her 3 Nutcracker performances were the weekend of Dec 16th (one show Fri, Sat and Sun). Dani was lead off and performed Clara on Friday night. She did AMAZING!!! I was so proud of her!! Going first on opening night is always the scariest and most nerve-wracking because you don't have anyone's performances to watch and get "ideas" from. And usually first performances have lots of problems such as prop problems, set issues and the kids just not knowing their parts well enough or translating it to the big stage. But, out of all 3 shows, Friday's show went the smoothest, IMHO which is a rarity in our performance history.

Dani was simply beautiful as Clara :). She played the part perfectly--so much grace, elegance, enthusiasm and great acting!! I had NO idea that she could be that engaging on stage! She really has great stage presence and am glad that giving up gymnastics was worth it--it seems like dance is a natural segway for Dani and she is really enjoying it.

On Sat and Sun, Dani played the parts of Clara's friend, Dolls that Grow (the dolls under the christmas tree that come to life in the Battle scene) and Chinese. She danced those parts beautifully as well and had a great time!! I don't have too many pictures right now, but will try to upload some once we get them from the photographer. I have attached a few pics from the promotional photoshoot.

Right now she is rehearsing for a Viennese Winter concert that her and a few dancemates are performing in and at the end of January is the auditions for the spring show - The Wizard of Oz. Dani is also taking a few other dance classes (Contemporary/Lyrical and Jazz) and is learning a lot!

Dance is definitely keeping her busy and she even told me that she is keeping so busy that she doesn't miss gymnastics much at all.

thanks for sharing such a great update! it sounds like Dani is really enjoying herself, and allowing bherself to spread her wings in dance. you must be so proud of her. I cant wait to see the pictures!

Dani Clara1.jpg Dani Clara2.jpg

So beautiful, she is a natural Clara.

Glad to hear she is enjoying dance so much and doesn't regret her decision to leave gymnastics.

Keep us posted on Wizard of Oz!

Aww. What a wonderful update on Dani. She is just beautiful. So glad she is finding such passion in her new life adventure. Love hearing her updates..so never hesitate to give them to us.

Love the pics, she just looks so happy...really in her element. Sounds like she is keeping very busy with the dance. My older DD is getting ready to start her dance competition season in February, I'm really excited to see her routines since we never get to watch. She is also taking lyrical dance and loves it. I am sure Dani is great at that since the ballet foundation helps so much with the lyrical (and jazz).

Thanks for keeping us updated! The pics are beautiful! Dance seems to really suit her and she makes a lovely Clara. Best of luck with the auditions for Wizard of Oz.

Wow - she is truly a stunning ballerina!!! Wonderful to hear that she is thoroughly enjoying dancing and that it is keeping her so engaged. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back