Update on DD

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Tumblequeensmom

Proud Parent
So most of you already know the history of my DD. Quick recap... she's been doing competitive gymnastics for 6+ years. She was training for L8 all spring/summer and then in September decided to leave club gymnastics and just do high school for her remaining two years. Her high school season ended in mid-January. She told me a few weeks ago that she misses gymnastics, but didn't want to do the club team again. (She's a junior in high school now). So we signed her up for an "advanced rec. class" 4 hours per week. Her first "class" was last night. She had such a great time! I was so happy to see her get back in the groove ESPECIALLY w/her tumbling!!! The high school gymnasts tumble on a flat mat, NO SPRING FLOOR. She still had all that front and back tumbling that she had worked so hard to get. AND she was soooo happy. BUT... she is soooo sore today!

You can take the girl out of the gym, but can't take the gymnastics out of the girl!

tha'ts great that she's doing something. Has she ever considered Xcel (aka Prep Op)? For most gyms that have this program, it's designed for gymnasts such as your DD, doesn't want to do regular gymnastics with the 15 to 20 hours of training, but still loves the sport. They work out only a few hours a week and still get to compete. They just started it a year or so ago out here on the west coast and it's really taken off.

YaY! I love to hear about happy healthy kids. So glad her muscle memory kicked in and she was able to do so much. I don't know if her gym has it but she may enjoy open gym time to play with her skills as well.

tha'ts great that she's doing something. Has she ever considered Xcel (aka Prep Op)? For most gyms that have this program, it's designed for gymnasts such as your DD, doesn't want to do regular gymnastics with the 15 to 20 hours of training, but still loves the sport. They work out only a few hours a week and still get to compete. They just started it a year or so ago out here on the west coast and it's really taken off.

Thanks for the suggestion. She actually did do a year of Advanced Prep Op before she competed L7. She doesn't want to compete at all, except for her high school team. At this point, I support her decision because she wants to do well in school, she'll be a senior and I think she just wants to have fun with it her last year of high school.

its great that so many clubs have these other options... my club has team or nothing to speak of quality.... once kids quit... they are gone and we never see them again

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back